MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My friend has an '02 MR2 Spyder... it was my old car that I sold to him a few years back, that I am helping him work. We are having issues with the wiring for the ABS and speedometer and was hoping to get a wiring diagram. Here is a little background info..

When I first bought the car I drove it home from Florida to Indiana. It had been wrecked, repaired and I got it for a good price because of that. When I picked it up, it popped the fuse for the guages, so I replaced it with another fuse which it popped so then I did what I knew I shouldn't have at the time and replaced it with an oversized fuse. It never blew the fuse and I never had any issues with it whatsoever, nor did it have any problems for 5 years.

The AC hasn't worked in the car since I bought it, but since it has been such a hot summer, my friend decided to get the AC recharged. He took it into the shop to have this done and loaded with dye to see if there might be a leak. They refilled it and it worked ok, but when he picked it up, on the way home the gauges all went dead. He took it back to the shop that worked on it and dropped it off for them to look at.

The fuse had blown again and they started digging into the wiring. They found that there was a fried wire in the plug. I will try to upload a picture tomorrow. They ran a new wire to pick up where the fried wire went to, but found that if they hooked back up the ABS system that it blew the fuse again. After a fairly hefty bill to get me some gauges back, but not speedo or ABS I told them that I would take over.
The plug is located on the passenger side just behind the glove box area and interior kick panel. However, I cannot find what this plug plugs in to??!? Seems odd, but I stretched it every which way and it doesn't seem to have a mate? If someone could post a wire diagram and let me know where the mate to the plug is then I believe I should be able to troubleshoot the rest of it pretty easily.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PM's enabled.

Here are the pics I took last night of the plug and the wires as it currently stands.

In the picture of the plug I would assume the incoming power to the system is the red wire and the outgoing power to the other systems is the fried wire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts