MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have my 2001 spyder over 10 years was daily driver for 7 started drinking oil 80 thousand removed cats nursed it all long till 110 removed engine and bought a JDM 1ZZ its installed but when I try to start starter will not engage and the heads flash really fast any thoughts thanks for any advice

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Sounds like missing or loose ground wire. Since the engine was out, make sure all ground cables are properly installed and tight and clean

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks tried that,really miss driving it while had it apart all suspension was stock and old and worn out I put tein springs lowered 2 inches and KYB GR2 struts vented cross drilled
Rotors

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did you load test the new battery? Do you have power at the starter? I have seen new batteries that were no good. A lot of them are poor quality from China. If the battery load tests good and you have power at the starter I would look to see if the starter is good.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Check the grounds from the frame to the engine, and check all the fuses (especially the big mega fuses) in the engine bay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts