MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself as a proud new (2002) owner of a very beautiful green Spyder. Only had it 3 days and already spent several hours washing/waxing then driving it. Put 400 miles on it already and never had so much fun. Gave up my motorcycle due to wife not being able to comfortably ride with me anymore so I figured a convertible would be almost like riding a bike (it's better!). Looked at the Z3, Boxster and MR2 (barely gave the miata a look, remids me of a bath tub) and the Spyder definitely looks better than all. Spent many hours here in the forums for ideas and knowledge and must say I know I will enjoy it here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as I can tell I don't have privs to post pics yet. Have tried every which way but am unable to find the appropriate selections as spelled out in the FAQ. Might need to post a few more times before it becomes available. Just guessing at this point.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself as a proud new (2002) owner of a very beautiful green Spyder. Only had it 3 days and already spent several hours washing/waxing then driving it. Put 400 miles on it already and never had so much fun. Gave up my motorcycle due to wife not being able to comfortably ride with me anymore so I figured a convertible would be almost like riding a bike (it's better!). Looked at the Z3, Boxster and MR2 (barely gave the miata a look, remids me of a bath tub) and the Spyder definitely looks better than all. Spent many hours here in the forums for ideas and knowledge and must say I know I will enjoy it here.
I added the bold. My wife and I have sport bikes, but since we bought our Spyder 4 years ago, they sit in the garage most of the time.
:)

Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Welcome

I made the switch a couple of years ago, I went classic LBC first:( in Jan I bought my Spyder and by far this is the funnest car I have owned.
You and the wife will love it. If it hasen't hit you already the mod bug will, I said I would leave mine as is when I bought it but, Teins, KYB, Corkey, and Chee, MWR, made short work of that thought.

·
Registered
642 Posts

I was in teh same boat 4 years ago when I purchased mine. Wife was not happy about the bike when I bought it, or rode it for that matter. The SUV and cell phone craze combined with the traffic in my area made me finally give up the bike. THe MR2 is the next best thing to a bike, and better in a lot of ways too.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Here's my new baby:
That's because you have put them on a location where you need to log in to, to get acces. So if you give us your windows live ID and password, we'll be able to see them.

Use a photo-hosting site without login, like photobucket or tinypic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
made a photobucket account and tried to post the pics but still no permission for attatchments. Ah well. Cyclehead you're very spot on... this morning I took my dog to the park in the car (used to walk it). I just can't get the smile off of my face when I drive her... Axle, after all the funds I put into my bike just to sell it my wife has already warned me about "going overboard" with the mods. I have already ordered a scion HU based on some of the forums info. Speakers next week. No more after that.. I like her just as she is.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
You don't need attachments. Post the link to the foto between image-tags.

{img}http://www.myphoto.com/myphoto1.jpg{/img}

But use [ ] instead of { }

You can use this handy button for it:

·
Registered
782 Posts
Welcome and nice car, they are lots of fun!!!!!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the training Goblin. I had to search to figure out what this strap was you mentioned. Just so happens that my strap was inside the tool pouch. Installed it per Devs directions and went ahead and ordered one of his based on what I read. Thank You! I'm having more fun with this car than even my mini (was a hardtop).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.