MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am about done with my K20swap, the new harness is almost done and the engine does crank and the pump now starts as i should, the mil,oil and charger lights are all working now also, but it seems like i have another problem,

as soon as the key is in the ignition (not turned) the pump start making a noise, quite high,
when the key then is turned the pump goes on as it sould, when i then turn the key back to off the pump makes the noise again?! and some times when the key is removed the pump is still making the same noise until i cut the power.

first i tought someting was connected wrong with the K20 so i removed the harness so it looks like a oem 1zz harness, still makes the noise, then reconected the k20 swap harness and disconected the A and B conector from the 1zz ecu, No sound?!

so does anybody have a idea of what can be the problem ?

things that has been removed from the body electrics are, wires to the seats, lights for the rear number plate, heater for the rear window and the antenna relay, all of these parts was dissconnected the last year also without this problem, but i removed some of the wires this year, ( seats and rear lights)

thanks for any help!

Robert.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey robert what pump are you talking about? the power steering one?
oh forgot to mention, well this is the fuel pump i am talking about, but the P/S aslo makes a noise but i am thinking of a way to go around the P/S but i don't get why the fuel pump is making this noise. today i remember that i don't have an fpr connected as the aem has been removed so i will connect the oem but i dont think that this is the problem when it comes to the noise .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.