MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'02 6 spd Manual (C66)
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My one protip... Before you put the door card on, pull off this face plate from the door. With the base part of handle connected to the door you put the door card on, then the faceplate. No f*cking around with trying to snap in the whole handle assembly after putting the door card on. Lol...

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
They're getting brittle (maybe - but I probably just want to yell)!!

When I pulled the cards out of the 2003 (removed the bezels first), I found both sides' bezels broken, and the driver's side handle assembly broken. Thrilling.

A previous owner was donking around in there swapping speakers.

Also RIP (and literally, rip..) my vapor barriers - cause they were DOA.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

Reactions: DeuceFatty

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Even pro-er tip: put some thin closed cell foam stripping around the edges of the speaker & where the door card contacts the metal of the door to greatly reduce rattling....Dynamat optional

Reactions: Solennel

·
Registered
'02 6 spd Manual (C66)
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Even pro-er tip: put some thin closed cell foam stripping around the edges of the speaker & where the door card contacts the metal of the door to greatly reduce rattling....Dynamat optional
I don't think my new speakers are close to the door card. I tested it and couldn't hear any rattling. If it does though that was the plan.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Even just on the edge of the door where the plastic card edge sits reduced plastic-metal rattling significantly. In my case the speaker when the bass hit caused a touch of contact that benefitted.

I kinda hate taking the door cards off (not that its all that hard but those damn clips are so fragile) so I hope it lasts forever...but eventually I'll need to either remove & paint my side mirrors or learn to wrap em...c'est la vie

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
...but eventually I'll need to either remove & paint my side mirrors or learn to wrap em...c'est la vie
Yep - that's what we were up to - wrap prep. But, as it turns out with my findings, gotta do fixes back there anyway. Haven't gone out and gotten new vapor barrier material (haven't decided how exacting I really want to be), but I've at least remedied the bezels and handle/pull assembly found broken. Also had a mismatch of bolts there. Not really an issue in this case, but when the cosmetic bolt caps won't fit because of that, I'd rather do it right instead of RTVing it in like the PO.

Reactions: FormInFunction
1 - 6 of 6 Posts