MR2 SpyderChat banner

Quality aftermarket gauge package??

2K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  lexus005 
#1 ·
I am looking for a QUALITY 3 gauge package with boost, air/fuel and oil pressure. It want the gauges to be smoked (faces to appear black when the car is off, prefer no chrome rings) and they need to be mountable in the standard nav pod. Basically I want them to disappear when the car is off.

I am looking for the best quality set of matching gauges and the price is way down the list in importance. Also I don't want a digital display.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
The good gauges come from Japan but the Japanese use 60mm. All the cheap stuff is 52mm and made in China or Taiwan. I like HKS or Apexi. Price is anywhere from $150-200/per gauge.

Look out for fake HKS Apexi crap all over ebay. The real gauges are electronic and have a control unit. Also I don't think any of these gauge smoke when not in use.

#3 ·
the good gauges come from japan but the japanese use 60mm. All the cheap stuff is 52mm and made in china or taiwan. I like hks or apexi. Price is anywhere from $150-200/per gauge.

Look out for fake hks apexi crap all over ebay. The real gauges are electronic and have a control unit. Also i don't think any of these gauge smoke when not in use.
aem??

#5 ·
Looks like there are a number of good choices. Do you have any links to good domestic sources for these?

#6 ·
I am leaning towards the AEM... They seem like quality and I like the options I have. I am on their site now, does anyone have a recommendation on a good AEM dealer (online). Thanks everyone!

#8 ·
contact microimageonline.com, tell Garm I sent ya.
I will do that. It might be a week or two before I pull the trigger.... gotta order the turbo first. :cool:

#18 ·
Here's the Stack auxiliary gauge offerings:
http://stackltd.com/instruments.html

I personally recommend the full sweep electric gauges. They have a higher degree of accuracy, self calibrate when powered on, and have much more durable senders over a short sweep electric gauge. They also include a wiring harness from the back of the gauge to the sender, making install a bit easier.

#23 ·
I guess its hit or miss with them. Some people are really happy with them others I have heard the same thing. They are within 5 miles of me. I hope I got a good batch. I was going to buy the DEFI gauges but I couldnt find 52mm and there website was a bit chaotic.

#22 ·
Is anybody using a setup like the ARK MFD, Innovate OT-2, or PLX Kiwi or multi gauges? I would like something that displays everything in one place and offers peak recall and alarm functions, but I have not seen anybody use these with proper sensors yet, though all are capable of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.