MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what these clips are called or a part number to order as mine are basically flaking apart
If anyone has any information I will gladly take it

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I just went to the dealer parts department and ordered them. I think that they were only a few dollars each. The parts clerk brings up the digital catalog on a screen, so there is no uncertainty about what you are getting.

·
Registered
2003 MR2 Spyder
147 Posts
Your bumper clips are different than what mine had on it that I replaced. Mine have a plastic outer ring that snaps into the hole and then push down a center plunger piece. I just ordered a lot of 50 clips off ebay for less than $10. They were more than I needed but figured I'd have extras. They have worked fine although the design doesn't really work well for reuse thus the reason for extras. After all, they are plastic so they will become brittle with age. The part number I used was 52161-16010
These aftermarket clips have been fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your bumper clips are different than what mine had on it that I replaced. Mine have a plastic outer ring that snaps into the hole and then push down a center plunger piece. I just ordered a lot of 50 clips off ebay for less than $10. They were more than I needed but figured I'd have extras. They have worked fine although the design doesn't really work well for reuse thus the reason for extras. After all, they are plastic so they will become brittle with age. The part number I used was 52161-16010
These aftermarket clips have been fine.
Oh ok, thank you so much!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just went to the dealer parts department and ordered them. I think that they were only a few dollars each. The parts clerk brings up the digital catalog on a screen, so there is no uncertainty about what you are getting.
Thank you for taking time out of your day and responding!

·
Registered
2001 MR2 Spyder
30 Posts
Here’s the picture the dealer will pull up. Or you can look them up yourself at toyodiy.com if you prefer.
Part number 52161-16010
Cyclehead, if you don't mind me asking, how do you see the diagrams in toyodiy.com? Their news says they took it down 2009, even tried the way back machine...

Cheers,

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Cyclehead, if you don't mind me asking, how do you see the diagrams in toyodiy.com? Their news says they took it down 2009, even tried the way back machine...

Cheers,
1. Sign into your account
2. Select your car
3. Select category
Is it possible it’s blocked by country?

I’m trying to post screenshots...
3F4FDCEB-CA77-40E9-A99E-7E3CF5F6CBC6.jpeg
1B78A0AA-B582-4EA6-B04D-EF221E4C5148.png
8D6BC122-D9AB-475F-A44C-72726D75155E.png
22CC6FF1-7187-4582-850D-15A687F5BDEC.png

·
Registered
2001 MR2 Spyder
30 Posts
1. Sign into your account
2. Select your car
3. Select category
Is it possible it’s blocked by country?
Thanks for the help.

This is quite interesting... I made the account, still no images. I'm in the US... Maybe its my firewall at work and they finally caught me.

I'll keep pecking at it.

Cheers,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts