MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at rota subzero's 17x7 front and 17x7.5 rear. Curious to what offset's I would need to be flush. I'm lowered on tein s.techs and kybs. 2001 model

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I'm looking at rota subzero's 17x7 front and 17x7.5 rear. Curious to what offset's I would need to be flush. I'm lowered on tein s.techs and kybs. 2001 model
Define flush... One person's opinion is different than the next in that regard.

For an estimate:

+20 to +40 or so fit in the front or the rear with those widths. If I were you, I'd grab a measuring tape and check this site out:

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

For reference, the stock wheels are 15x6" +45 Front, and a 15x6.5" +45 rear in 2000-2002, or a 16x7" +45 in 2003-2005.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info and advice. I'll check that link out, I kinda understand offset's but not fully. I just realized I should have posted this somewhere else on the forum, sorry.

I'm not looking for hellaflush or anything crazy. Just right inside the fender and I don't mind to roll the fender or do a light pull. I was thinking +35 in the rear?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Thanks for the info and advice. I'll check that link out, I kinda understand offset's but not fully. I just realized I should have posted this somewhere else on the forum, sorry.

I'm not looking for hellaflush or anything crazy. Just right inside the fender and I don't mind to roll the fender or do a light pull. I was thinking +35 in the rear?
+35 is very safe and won't require a fender roll.

Basically, offset is looking at where the mounting surface is in relationship to the rim of the wheel. a more positive number pushes the mounting surface to the outside of the wheel, making the wheel sit further in, and a lower number means the mounting surface is closer to the inside of the wheel, making the wheel sit further out.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So you think 17x7+40 front and 17x7.5+35 rear would be just inside the fender? Maybe someone has a pic with this set up. All I can recall is a white spyder in the wheels thread, I"ll try to look for it again and see if they listed the offsets. Thanks again for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts