MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally I had my stock OEM wheels on my car and I purchased the Tanabe NF210 springs perfect drop with no problems and now I have 18in rims with 35 series tires. My car rubs slightly and I can barely fit my index finger in between.

My question is.... If I were to put the Stock OEM springs back on would I have a better clearence since the wheels are 18's now?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yes, you would have more clearance. You could also try camber bolts or "crash bolts" to add a bit of negative camber that would most likely eliminate the rubbing. If you do the camber bolts drive straight to the alignment shop.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, you would have more clearance. You could also try camber bolts or "crash bolts" to add a bit of negative camber that would most likely eliminate the rubbing. If you do the camber bolts drive straight to the alignment shop.
How much more clearance? I don't want it to look funny with a huge gap

·
Registered
131 Posts
Running 18's with stock springs is gonna look 4x4ish. Try the camber bolts. I think that will solve the rubbing issues

·
Registered
131 Posts
Toyota dealer sells crash bolts, a few companies sell adjustable camber bolts, google it or search sc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.