MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after completing the 2zz swap I had a few codes. I've knocked them down to two but can't seem to figure these two out and don't want to throw parts at it. So I'm getting the PO3000 and a lean code which I assume is from the misfire and unburnt fuel. Here is what I've done so far and for the most part this should be in order. The car runs like a top and pulls through out the RPM band so I don't notice a miss currently but the ecu may be over compensating to get it to run well. The only mods are the MWR 2zz swap intake and a catted 2.5in exhaust.
1. completed compression test 4 cylinders were between 192-199 psi
2. New injector seals after I found a small vacuum leak spraying the motor on the intake side with starting fluid.
3. Smoked to confirm no leaks
4. Cleaned MAS
5. Swapped my new spark plugs with the oem that were in the 2zz when I got it just to see if things would change.
I have a Snap on scan tool so if you would like any screen shots of the monitors let me know. I'm not sure what the STFT, LTFT, etc should be to be in a normal range.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did a little more trouble shooting today and I noticed my TPS was at 9% at rest and then I depressed the pedal and the code reader said it only went to 77%.. That seems like an issue... I have a snap on enos so I would tend to think the code reader is reliable. I also noticed a hair crack in the housing of the coil packs running down the side.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Cheak your accelerator cable to be sure that he is not too tight.
At idlle, you can rev engine and see if the decceleration look too slow.
Having lighteweight flywheel visually increase the effect (or issue if there is).

Time to replace your coil pack (skip the video to 5,28min).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks, If anyone could hook up their code reader and confirm that would be great. I definitely have a tiny hair of slack in the throttle cable which is how I set it up from the beginning and the engine definitely revs and drops right back to idle no problem. I put in a new OEM flywheel. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope the coils we're losing some spark through that crack all four were the same.. I can't find any resistance measurements on our coils? Is this not usually something that's in the FSM? I know two of the coils were about 25% difference in resistance which is a ton..

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Ok thanks, If anyone could hook up their code reader and confirm that would be great. I definitely have a tiny hair of slack in the throttle cable which is how I set it up from the beginning and the engine definitely revs and drops right back to idle no problem. I put in a new OEM flywheel. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope the coils we're losing some spark through that crack all four were the same.. I can't find any resistance measurements on our coils? Is this not usually something that's in the FSM? I know two of the coils were about 25% difference in resistance which is a ton..
Throttle position sensor data from OBD reader

TPS is not absolute. It cares about the the relative difference between positions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good to know thanks! That's so odd I don't know that I've ever ran into that before..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts