MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
I think he was trying to point out that they were available for all years of production. SO therefore, they are not ultra rare like the seller is trying to prove. Maybe if he stated Japanese Market only item never sold in USA it would be better.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
There was a vendor on here a few years ago who said he could still get them new in the package (NOS) for around $400 + from Japan.They stopped making them a long time ago.I got mine used for $200 from a UK member.They look nice and the rarity of them is why I bought them.I should say paid too much for them.I read somewhere that they were made for the 1999 MR-S in Japan and have been out of production since 2000.They fit 99-07 because the plastic door sill it attaches to is the same.

·
Registered
770 Posts
There was a vendor on here a few years ago who said he could still get them new in the package (NOS) for around $400 + from Japan.They stopped making them a long time ago.I got mine used for $200 from a UK member.They look nice and the rarity of them is why I bought them.I should say paid too much for them.I read somewhere that they were made for the 1999 MR-S in Japan and have been out of production since 2000.They fit 99-07 because the plastic door sill it attaches to is the same.
I suppose everyone knows that I also have these on my 2000 since they are chrome.
I actually purchased mine in 2000 for about $160 from a vendor in the U.S. that was selling Japanese imported parts. I like them also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.