MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
You would think the Toyota cowboy hat emblems plastered all over it would be a clue....

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
bryan joeseph the local car dealer sent me this

I think he was upset I told him that he overpriced his mazda RFLOL
Careful there T-bone, you're going to give the rest of us poor assholes a bad name.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
ATTENTION: All assholes beware... because these pricks are definitely trying to screw you:lol:

$19k for a ten-year-old car that sold for $23k new... ummm, yah, good luck with that...

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
hehehe

hey anyone want to email bryan he is a peach
You should go on the Portland Craigslists site and post his email replies so that everyone can see the "where the customer matters".

Of course I am sure your emails to him did not trigger any anger management issues he may have. :lol:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
If you go to the web site listed and check the contact us tab, it shows a pic of a Mazda dealership. hmmmmm.....

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
That would be mean. No reason to get this poor sap fired. I was not vulgar but I did say that if one is selling cars one comes off as stupid when they cannot even name it correctly.
You know, that is pretty sad when car sales people know less about the car they are selling then the buyer knows. I can not tell you how many times I have corrected salesmen when taking test drives or looking a cars. You would think that if you were selling cars you would have to be somewhat of a car guy and at least know the basics. I had a toyota salesman tell me the four cylinder in the Tocoma I bought our son was a V6....even when he was looking at the engine!

I wouldn't want to get the guy fired either, but I am extremely shocked at his replies. What a way to conduct yourself representing a business...and in print too, not hear say.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Agreed it was said above in 2003 you could have walk off with that car brand new with a waranty for 23K
Anyone who would try and sell that car in 2012 for 19K is clear looking to scam someone who is impressed with its looks. If someone offered me 19K for mine as much as I love it I would consider it.
Sell... and buy two...

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
His reply is written horribly as well. I'm sorry, but I despise poor english. In this day and age, there is no excuse to write like an uneducated nitwit.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Good god!! I have seen a lot of over priced Spyders over the years, but this one wins, hands down. My local MrT has an 03 yellow with ~30k miles and is priced at 16,999. I told them it is about a $11-12k piece. They must have bought it wrong. They have already turned down $13,500.

EDIT. Although this is getting close.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LOW-MILES-SHARP-CAR-5-SPEED-CONVERTIBLE-CD-GREAT-MPG-TOYOTA-MR2-SPYDER-HOT-/180803508588?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a18ba996c
mr t sells them as recertified with a warranty hence the higher prices

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Folks there will be a bottom price point. And then the cars will start to appreciate. When and how much is anyone guess. After all your car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
mr t sells them as recertified with a warranty hence the higher prices
That car is worth half what they are asking...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts