MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at these wheels. They’ve got a +42mm offset. They are definitely spendy, but seem like a great option for an autocross legal, super light, upsized wheels.
Thinking 195/45R16 in the front, 215/40R17 in the rear. Either Advan Fleva V701 or Advan A052 if AutoX only wheels.

Any thoughts, or anyone with experience with these wheels? I know a few on here have CE28Ns.

Details here

·
Registered
204 Posts
its going to be hard to find people with these wheels on a spyder.. partly because they are worth more than the car. but it should work. if you are doing autocross, I would do 205 in front abd 225 in the rear and adjust the bis with a reawr swaybar

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it’s sort of silly ~$2000 to spend on wheels just to stay in E-street but add flash and upsizing that won’t do all that much for performance. But it’s a cool thought experiment.
I think they would look awesome, and since they are so light probably aren’t a negative at least!

·
Registered
73 Posts
less rotating mass is always good, but the larger wheels may negate that. I went with lightweight 15/16 double staggered wheels and plan to run a 205/225 combo to go with it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
less rotating mass is always good, but the larger wheels may negate that. I went with lightweight 15/16 double staggered wheels and plan to run a 205/225 combo to go with it.
What tires are you gonna run? I’m not seeing a lot of options for 225 R16

·
Registered
73 Posts
Because I want the tires to match, it will likely be R888R or Advans. Going sticky because the car will be driven hard, and not a daily

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m planning on doing some daily, so thinking a little more durability. My big conundrum at the moment is that most of the summer tires aren’t supposed to be supporting any weight if the temp drops below 20°F. That means I’d have to store the car with wheels off December-March. I guess what I’ll probably end up doing is just fitting the stock wheels with autox focused summer tires, and running another set of stock or not with performance all seasons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts