MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing the oil today and I noticed my rear sway bar was detached from the left stabilizer bar. Before the oil change, I was noticing some occasional clunking sounds on long right turns so I'm not surprised.

Is this the correct part? - Stabilizer Nut Link

Also, is the stabilizer bar the same thing as an end link?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
That is the nut, but I would bet the threads are screwed up and/or the allen socket in the end is so corroded you will never get a new nut tight. Just buy a new link and save yourself some hassle. All of the parts stores have OEM replacements and they are not that expensive. I ended up having to replace both of my rears when I changed struts.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're in a verbal minefield here.

Depending upon your location and upbringing, Swaybar (or Sway Bar) might equal Stabilizer Bar.
The part connecting either of these to the chassis is ususlly called an "end-link", but I believe blokes in the UK call it something else.
The suspension components used to locate the wheels are often called "control arms" or "control links".
Good Luck, my friend!:lol:
Ahh I see, the catalog is probably using the word stabilizer bar in reference to the sway bar, and not the actual *link* itself. Thanks for clearing that up.

That is the nut, but I would bet the threads are screwed up and/or the allen socket in the end is so corroded you will never get a new nut tight. Just buy a new link and save yourself some hassle. All of the parts stores have OEM replacements and they are not that expensive. I ended up having to replace both of my rears when I changed struts.
I remember now, when I installed the sportivos I had trouble getting that nut back on. How much did you pay for your replacements? Around $40 each?

Thanks both of you

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Yeah, if memory serves correctly they were like $40 a piece for Moogs at Oreily's. I wanted the beafy end links from twosrus for another 20 or bucks, but did not have time to wait on them and did not want to pay for overnight shipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts