MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a 03 SMT. I replaced Ksport coilover, front lower 1.5" and rear for 1" lower. I had a set of S-drive Yokohama all around with front are 195/50/15, and rear were 215/40/16. Recently I just replace the rear for Continental ExtremeContact DWS for size 205/45/16. My drive is more acceleration and quieter, but when I'm driving on freeway I'm feeling my car is easier to be wobbling in the back. I tried to lower the tire pressured to 31psi on the rear tires. The wobbling feel less but still there.
My question is should I have a wheel alignment with re-adjust camber? Or can you tell me what's reason make my car wobbling like that?
Thank you for your times.

Best Regards,

Eric

Hi guys,

I replaced a pair new Yokohama S-drive with 205-45-16. I inflated to 32psi. the drive was better than the Continental brand, but still not quite right like before I had 215-40-16. After 1 week drove with that I realize that's the outward of the tire doesn't show any normal wear like usual. I decide to low my tires pressure to 24psi, and it's driving get better. I can see my camber set up is to far out. As you know I replace my coil over ( K-sport) a year ago, and lower it about 1". I think I need a realignment again. But my question is do I need to replace cam bolt pair kit for that? I see those on Tiresrack.
Thank you for your advice.

Eric

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Hi guys,

I have a 03 SMT. I replaced Ksport coilover, front lower 1.5" and rear for 1" lower. I had a set of S-drive Yokohama all around with front are 195/50/15, and rear were 215/40/16. Recently I just replace the rear for Continental ExtremeContact DWS for size 205/45/16. My drive is more acceleration and quieter, but when I'm driving on freeway I'm feeling my car is easier to be wobbling in the back. I tried to lower the tire pressured to 31psi on the rear tires. The wobbling feel less but still there.
My question is should I have a wheel alignment with re-adjust camber? Or can you tell me what's reason make my car wobbling like that?
Thank you for your times.

Best Regards,

Eric

Hi guys,

I replaced a pair new Yokohama S-drive with 205-45-16. I inflated to 32psi. the drive was better than the Continental brand, but still not quite right like before I had 215-40-16. After 1 week drove with that I realize that's the outward of the tire doesn't show any normal wear like usual. I decide to low my tires pressure to 24psi, and it's driving get better. I can see my camber set up is to far out. As you know I replace my coil over ( K-sport) a year ago, and lower it about 1". I think I need a realignment again. But my question is do I need to replace cam bolt pair kit for that? I see those on Tiresrack.
Thank you for your advice.

Eric
The car has a limited amount of camber adjustment from the factory- basically how far you can wiggle the bolts inside their holes.

Go to your toyota dealer and get some "Crash Bolts" before you take your car to get aligned. These allow for more adjustment in camber. It'll cost you around $5.00 for a pair.

However, I suspect it's a toe issue and not a camber issue. There's a good chance your camber is still "in spec." Any alignment shop can adjust toe on the car without issue, and toe has a huge effect on how a car drives.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car has a limited amount of camber adjustment from the factory- basically how far you can wiggle the bolts inside their holes.

Go to your toyota dealer and get some "Crash Bolts" before you take your car to get aligned. These allow for more adjustment in camber. It'll cost you around $5.00 for a pair.

However, I suspect it's a toe issue and not a camber issue. There's a good chance your camber is still "in spec." Any alignment shop can adjust toe on the car without issue, and toe has a huge effect on how a car drives.
"Crash Bolts" . That's all I need to tell the Toyota part clerk? or do I need to tell them more specific? thank you so much. I'll do that today. because I have appointment to alignment tomorrow. Thanks again.

Eric

·
Registered
740 Posts
I would say that you need to get the alignment checked.

Rasheed

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have BC Coil-overs and my car is lowered with over sized tires and iirc I have almost -2 camber in the rear and never needed crash bolts.

Note: I don't recommend my tire sizes as they do take away from the pleasure of driving this car. Lesson learned and will never happen again.

Rasheed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts