MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well instead of going through hundreds of threads. i might as well just post a new thread that im sure many have posted already. im not a gear head so im learning on the way. i have a 2000 mr2. burning oil bad. oil leaking onto sparkplugs 1 and 3. piston rings? going to have it checked out at toyota soon. gonna cost about 3g-4g to rebuild. anyone know if monkeywrench engines are legit? newer 1zzfe engines compatible with older 1zzfe setup? incase if i have to go that route...was going to buy the engine block there and transfer the other components from the old one.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Get a Shift-key also.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
For that kind of money I would go a new short block also. I would reuse the head as the MR2 uses larger valves. A used short block and valve job on the original head is also a possibility.

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
If I was in the same position I would just buy a used motor from a wrecking yard.
There is no labor involved on the engine and when it's said and done it would work out much cheaper, less down time and more reliable then rebuilding a motor.
I have not heard of one horror story from those that went this rout.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.