MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I have been lurking here for a some time, even before i bought my first Spyder.
Thank you for very good forum, i have learned a lot about MR-S/MR2 Roadster/MR2 Spyder/MR2 in the Spyderchat.

I have been involved with Toyotas for 19 years now (since i got the driving lisence), and i have had many of those before such as Celica ST185 Carlos Sainz, Supra MA70 Turbo, Celica TA22 2T-G, TA12 2T-G, KE30 with 4A-GE, AE101 std, KE25 std, KE70 with 4A-GE and so on (over 20 Toyotas in total).
Now i do have an AW11 N/A and ZZW30, and those are keepers :). I will buy SW20 turbo someday, but that's a different story.

I do live in Finland and i bought this car from South Germany in the last summer, as in Germany there is a good selection of cars and better (read lower) prices than up here. I flew to South Germany with my GF and drove 800 kilometers from South Germany to North Germany as came over the baltic sea by boat which too only 36 hours.

Sorry for some the photos, part of those are taken by phone.

So, the car is almost a standard year 2000 manual model, red colour (yes, the fastest colour), and has no A/C (not needed in Finland, i think) but it has a black leather interior and standard LSD. Paint is not so good, and i will get it oversprayed someday. Otherwise it is ok, although it has been involved in some parking accident in her previous life - the drivers side front fender has taken some hit.
However she had a good old pre-cat symptom in about 49 000 km, and the engine was fully repaired after that. Now the clock shows about 103 800 km.

Car had the following mods when i bought it:
- no pre-cats
- TTE lowering springs
- TTE "banana" spoiler
- K&N panel filter
- some heavy 17" aluminium wheels
- F: 205/40-17, R: 225/35-17
- Custom made SS cat-back with two outlets

I don't drive it in the winter time, as i don't want it to rust on our salted roads. And i think that winter is bad for cars, and bad for people too; In other words i will use the winter time building the car.

Last summer i installed TRD front strut brace, Corkys breast plate and TRD short shifter. It needed a new injector(s) as well, as one was stuck. Thanks for SC (Cap Weir) for the help in solving the problem. On cosmetic side, i installed a Mongo's wind deflectors, Dev's keyhole covers and carbon look front badge and LT antenna from Takuban.

This winter i have done the following things to her:
- disassmembled a lot of parts
- powder coated valve cover, black (new PCV-valve and valve cover gasket)
- rolled and pulled fenders
- Engine flushed (Forte engine flush) @ 103 891 km
- Gearbox oil (Redline 75W90NS) changed @ 103 891 km
- Speed Source brass shifter bushings
- TRD sticker on the steering wheel :)
- TRD oil cap
- painted gray plastic parts
- painted engine bay's topper and rear parts

These i have already bought, but not yet installed
- NRG front lower brace, aluminium, titanium color
- Topspeed/CHE rear lower member U-brace, 4-point, polished aluminum
- Topspeed (CHE) sway bars, front is 22 mm thick, rear is adjustable and 18 mm (original ones are 20/15 mm)
- Goodridge stainless steel brake hoses with blue covers
- Superpro polyurethane bushing kit (and Dev's tool)

My colour theme is simple, the spiderman-theme, of course :lol:. Red body overall (and engine crossmember), interior&engine room black, and underside items (such as sway bars, control arms etc.) are blue.

PPE's exhaust manifold, mid-pipe with cat and induction kit will be there in a couple of weeks.

I will put braces, sway bars and polyurethane bushings on the car in winter time. Among that i will paint the outside floor and put lightweight battery in it. Then i recondition brakes, and add new discs with Carbotech Bobcats and Goodridge SS lines with Motul RBF and then i will drive the next summer happily (hopefully). I have tried to that car would be ready to drive in the 1st of April, but as i am (always) short of money, the car is ready a little later.

Oh, and i will roll on smaller and lighter 16x8" Enkei RPF-1's on the next summer.

In the next summer i will add a set of coil overs and Power FC, nothing bigger.
The main goal is to turbocharge it in the winter 2012-2013.
I have already bought an engine from Celica ZZT230 (with blown head gasket) for turboing. I can build it while i am driving the car.

My son washing a car :)

That's it for now. I will add more photos some day soon.

SedreM,
from not so sunny Finland (-17 °C at the moment)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought from Rallyrace in Finland, from http://www.rallyracefin.fi/
I can't remember the price exactly, but about 300 to 400 euros.
I am not sure if they export anything, as they don't even have an e-mail visible on their website,
but Fensport in UK will.
Maybe you should try there: http://www.fensport.co.uk/
Hope it helps.

(What happened to my photos? I don't understand, but i will try to fix it.)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More photos:

I need new tires.. :)

And need to fix ears:

Corky's breas plate going under:

Quite a contrast in size:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some parking damage:

Inside view:

Just got back from Germany:

Stainless steel custom backbox ("black" steel welded on it, no no..):

I painted it with VHT blue, because of spider man -theme :):

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My small garage:

Motor oil flushing - nice color:

Engine bay, with powder coated valve cover:

Spare engine from Celica - for turboing:

Powdercoated valve cover:

I will post some more photos when i will progress with my MR.
Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Nice car. I noticed that you have the side blinker on the fender, and not on the front bumper. Did you receive it like that?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot.
I guess that all Euro models do have the blinker before the wheel, as in States it is in the front (I should upgrade the clear ones). What i know of, the German, Finnish and UK cars have the blinkers like this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts