MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
No fitting kit though, so another £250 ish for that.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Most hard tops go for about that amount overseas. What kills us to get them here is the shipping cost.

·
Registered
782 Posts
It would have to be packaged right also, when my hardtop arrived the box was really beat up. The only thing that saved it was multiple layers of bubblewrap. Shipping price must be steep also!

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Color Dependant, tops alone without fitting kits go for about £300 to £400.

Oh and as America was originally a British colony, it is you guys who are "overseas" :lol:

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
It would have to be packaged right also, when my hardtop arrived the box was really beat up. The only thing that saved it was multiple layers of bubblewrap. Shipping price must be steep also!
I bought a hard top from japanparts once (actually a former rouge employee of theirs) and it arrived in pieces with broken glass and the fitting kit parts falling out of the box. Amazing. Yes shipping is always a risk with these babies and it won't be cheap.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most hard tops go for about that amount overseas. What kills us to get them here is the shipping cost.
Right. I thought somebody on that side might be interested, since it's a "no ship" situation it pretty much has to be . . .

·
Registered
14 Posts
He can ask £500.00 I doubt he'll get it though, more likely closer to the starting price of £200.00.

Fitting kits are the issue, although I did hear that some Toyata dealers here in the UK can source them for cheaper than the extortionate price they get listed for on eBay, how true this is, I don't know.

I've had my hardtop off once in the 5 months I've owned it and the logistics of that scared the living p*** out of me and that was just a driveway. Would I trust someone else to ship it across the Atlantic? Hmmm?...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Removing the hardtop is easy - less than one minute.

Video
I know the removal is easy, I unlatch it then put one knee on the driver seat and use my hands and head to lift it out! which look ridiculous but works a treat!

Its moving it somewhere else without damaging it that worries me. Ive got a storage bag but its still a risk. I wouldnt really want to have to get one shipped from overseas... well not at an affordable shipping rate, to much of a risk of damage

1 - 14 of 14 Posts