MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I might have missed getting back to some of you but based on the underwhelming response the GB deal is off. If you still want you can order one yourself through Matt at Remus Exhaust Shop in NY or Alan at ModBargains.com in LA. Happy holidays.http://www.remusexhaustshop.com/toyota-type-2000-p-269.html

·
Registered
831 Posts
An excellent exhaust choice especially considering the ease of installation since no customizing is needed. I considered the Remus for the sound and ease of installation after deciding to go dual and wanting a growl but the price was just too much to get around. I ended up going with a Borla Transverse dual which required some custom piping but ended up with a somewhat similar sound and one I like a lot and the total cost was only $350. Good look on getting the number of guys you need for the buy. No doubt all will enjoy it.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Damn. I wish this was around when I was shopping. Easily the best sounding exhaust, though it is a chunk more spendy.

·
Registered
9,801 Posts
how come it uses exhaust clamps for the two outlet pipes? I've never really understood the use of clamps when you can weld it instead.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
For those who don't get off by seeing how much noise you can make, the Remus/TTE is about as sweet a sounding exhaust as you could ever hope to buy. If I didn't already have a TTE (one-and-the-same, made by Remus.......or maybe it's the other way around), I'd buy one for sure.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Anybody in the NYC area that would let me hear theirs in person? The youtube videos sound great, but I do alot of highway driving 70-80 mph and want to make sure it's not loud at those speeds (or too loud at any speeds really).

Jimmy

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
how come it uses exhaust clamps for the two outlet pipes? I've never really understood the use of clamps when you can weld it instead.
As a former Remus / TTE exhaust owner on my spyder I can answer that. If you can't adjust the tips you are likely to have them uneven. With the clamps you can fine-tune the tips. Don't know why It works that way, but that's the way it is. The clamps are not visible after the install.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Anybody in the NYC area that would let me hear theirs in person? The youtube videos sound great, but I do alot of highway driving 70-80 mph and want to make sure it's not loud at those speeds (or too loud at any speeds really).

Jimmy
Not loud, no resonance droning, sounds good at highway speed. Very good.

I don't want to jack this group buy thread, but I have the center exit Lotus exhaust (from Che, dual canister) and the sound is very similar.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Best sounding exhaust, hands down! What a great price! I have the TTE variant and like the tips on mine versus the Remus but the exhaust as a whole is essentially the same. Boy I wish I had paid that price for my exhaust, wait I did ;)

:icon_thumright:

Anderson

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I have had them since '07 or so. If you are in the market then this is where it's at.

Get them now. This price is fantastic.

·
Registered
59 Posts
hi

Two months ago I bought mine, that's a good or bad luck?, i don't know, but it sounds great! the price is real good, take it!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Not loud, no resonance droning, sounds good at highway speed. Very good.
Absolutely right. If anything, it's purrs so nice that it might cause you to nod off if you're tired (or have a buzz on)!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
As a former Remus / TTE exhaust owner on my spyder I can answer that. If you can't adjust the tips you are likely to have them uneven. With the clamps you can fine-tune the tips. Don't know why It works that way, but that's the way it is. The clamps are not visible after the install.
It also makes for cheaper shipping!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Anybody knows the performance gain and the weight compare to TM dual?

·
Registered
9,801 Posts

Cool design, never thought about adjustments of the tips.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Cool design, never thought about adjustments of the tips.
I personally found this a love hate relationship. I can get a bit fidgety if things arent "just right". I can say it took me quite some time to get my tips lined up right satisfactorily(I still think the passenger side is off by just a hair).

:icon_thumright:

Anderson

·
Registered
581 Posts
How much performance gain hp/tq?
Anyone know if this is lighter than the stock exhaust? - and by how much?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Count me in. the best price i found was from carson toyota and it's still over 800 and you have to wait for directly from germany. This deal is super!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts