MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The vinyl is starting to come off as shown in the pic. I was thinking using some kind of adhesive to stick it back in place. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Looks like after market CF look alike stuff.
Looks like stock "leather" to me.

OP- some sort of adhesive would work - I would make sure it won't seep through the leather perforations though. I will warn you that if you try to remove the whole thing, it's impossibly difficult to get lined up again, so I'd just re-glue what's sticking up.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
If the edge is rolled into the seam be very careful about glue type and amount. Looks like it is from the pic. With contact cement you pretty much get one shot but it would probably hold the roll over. E6000 glue has worked many wonders for me, available at Michael's art and craft. It takes some time to cure so if the edge is rolled into the seam something would have to hold it.

As stated on posts above a little glue can go a long way. Be careful about soak through.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok cool, thanks all, going to get some vinyl glue and hopefully take care of it.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Looks like stock "leather" to me.

OP- some sort of adhesive would work - I would make sure it won't seep through the leather perforations though. I will warn you that if you try to remove the whole thing, it's impossibly difficult to get lined up again, so I'd just re-glue what's sticking up.

I stand corrected. I guess I have to look at pics with my glasses on. Now I wonder how those nurses really look!

·
Registered
782 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tried the glue method, didn't work, it's just not sticking. I'll probably get some vinyl and just replace them.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What's the process for removing the door panels? I want to rip the vinyl off and put new vinyl.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts