MR2 SpyderChat banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
i finished mounting the S2K today. i drilled the exterior most Honda rail to match the stock bolt hole.

on the interior rails i ground off the stock Honda rear mounting plates and welded on some 2" angle iron. Then i massaged the angle to greater than 90* to match the spyder's angle drilled the bolt holes and painted the rails.

every thing works perfectly. no problem with rearward seat travel.

i popped off the plastic bits on the back of the head rest, wet sanded and painted them matt black.

i really like the pockets on the seat backs...more stowage space:wub:

·
Registered
327 Posts
2000+ Celica GT cushions bolted to the stock MR2 rails. My stock leathers were pretty torn up, and I found a cheap set locally, so popped them on. No fabbing needed, very comfortable, and pretty grippy. Bit of an odor from being stored somewhere exposed to weather, but nothing a can of cleaning foam from the auto parts store couldn't take care of.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Sparco Chrono Roads (ARK Design Edition) with Sparco/Wedge driver bracket.

Seat and bracket sit high. Also the top of the seat is so wide it covers the some of seatbelt like another member posted. I need a passenger bracket Sparco/Wedge having been promising it would be a few weeks and its turned into months.

*If anyone can make new lower brackets for both driver and passenger I have CASH IN HAND*

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
seats that hold sh*t

i finished mounting the S2K today....i really like the pockets on the seat backs...more stowage space:wub:
I forgot to mention that another perk of the s2k vs. oem is the deeper bucket's ability to hold things. I can buy a bottle of wine or a plastic bag of groceries and put it on the passenger seat. It will only come out if I am driving properly. But if I drive like everyone else then it's staying put.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got mine re upholstered... on my eclipse i got the sparco r100 black/black (woot amazon!) and they look like they can fit and they are damn comfy.

question. Why buy the buckets? my friend has them and says they are the shit and i should get them too. i sat in it and my back started to die after about 30 mins of driving. is it just for racing purposes to keep you in the seat or did you guys get accustomed to it?

·
Registered
802 Posts
IM pretty much dead set on a single takata race LE seat. Its a cobra suzuka but looks really nice. FIA approved and all of that stuff. Any suggestions for sliders and brackets?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Swapped to these for track use.

·
Registered
156 Posts
After browsing around here for a few years on this subject, I thought I might like to post this up.

There're threads here and there about replacing the Spyder's stock seats with other model/make seats, what racing seats are cheapest, what will fit nicely, and so on.

So, rather than another thread on "what ____ seat should I get," how 'bout a semi-orderly compilation?

Mods, please feel free to delete if I've posted a topic already covered in such a manner (hey, I tried to search 😊).

Advance appreciation to the contributors!

• Seat(s); brand and model
  • Side; driver and/or pass
  • Price and/or location bought;
  • Use; I.e. AutoX, track, daily, etc
  • Ease of
  • After browsing around here for a few years on this subject, I thought I might like to post this up.

There're threads here and there about replacing the Spyder's stock seats with other model/make seats, what racing seats are cheapest, what will fit nicely, and so on.

So, rather than another thread on "what ____ seat should I get," how 'bout a semi-orderly compilation?

Mods, please feel free to delete if I've posted a topic already covered in such a manner (hey, I tried to search 😊).

Advance appreciation to the contributors!

• Seat(s); brand and model
    • Side; driver and/or pass
    • Price and/or location bought;
    • Use; I.e. AutoX, track, daily, etc
    • Ease of installation; I.e. needs special rails, or mounts up relatively well as-is, etc..
    • Characteristics; I.e change in ride height? Change in cabin space or leg room? Are you using OEM seatbelts, or a harness now? Lots of bolstering, or none? In the same vein, nice and fitted, or wide and "USDM," and so on...
    • Your opinion/ personal experience/overview, if not listed above;
    [*]
  • installation; I.e. needs special rails, or mounts up relatively well as-is, etc..
  • Characteristics; I.e change in ride height? Change in cabin space or leg room? Are you using OEM seatbelts, or a harness now? Lots of bolstering, or none? In the same vein, nice and fitted, or wide and "USDM," and so on...
  • Your opinion/ personal experience/overview, if not listed above;

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
I asked this question in another forum but didn't get an answer from anyone that had tried it. Here is my question: Does anyone know if 2006 Lexus SC430 Seats will fit in a 2003 MR2 Spyder?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
20 Participants
Cotton
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing