MR2 SpyderChat banner

replacing electric aerial on mk3

631 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  kudos 555 
#1 ·
hi wonder if you guys can help out someone across the pond with a uk spec mk3

replacing the electric aerial for a mate, know how to get to and remove the motor but not sure where the connectors are for the power lead and aeriall lead. On the new motor both leads have connectors, leads are about 3ft long so not long enough to reach the head unit so guessing you can plug them in somewhere in between, does anyone know where, again guessing behind a trim panel behind the seats but any help would be great

thanks

#2 · (Edited)
Power connector

From what I can remenber from installing my lt short antenna- the power wire connector plug is located underneath the rear passenger side storage bin. You'll have to remove the storage bin flooring (pretty simple to do) Ariel lead is in the same area.

Edit- I pulled out my old antenna and took a picture. Hope this helps out. the antenna wire is longer so the connector might be in the rear of the center console. the connector is a square plug by the way. The wire runs from underneath the pass side storage bin floor and along the center console (between the two seats) to the head unit.
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa480/kbranch4/100_0488.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.