MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a set of OEM floor mats? There is a vendor on the other mr2 forum by the name of Eckoman_pdx that has a connection to have quality patterns struck for reproductions. Long story short there was a mix-up at the factory and the Mr2 Spyder pattern was lost. The set I received was for a SW20 MR2, but the quality was excellent with a surged binding around the edges like my factory mats. The mats don't need to be in perfect condition, just good enough to make a pattern. I would be willing to give a deposit and the floor mats would be returned after the factory is finished, I would also be willing to buy a set too for the right price.

·
Vendor
6,561 Posts
Does anyone have a set of OEM floor mats? There is a vendor on the other mr2 forum by the name of Eckoman_pdx that has a connection to have quality patterns struck for reproductions. Long story short there was a mix-up at the factory and the Mr2 Spyder pattern was lost. The set I received was for a SW20 MR2, but the quality was excellent with a surged binding around the edges like my factory mats. The mats don't need to be in perfect condition, just good enough to make a pattern. I would be willing to give a deposit and the floor mats would be returned after the factory is finished, I would also be willing to buy a set too for the right price.
I have a few set's in various conditions. To reproduce OE style mat's will not be cheap

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a few set's in various conditions. To reproduce OE style mat's will not be cheap
They were not the cheapest option I paid $113 + shipping, but they look great just meant for the wrong model car. I purchased some from Coverking and was not happy at all. Are you will to lend or sell your mats? I think the quality is good enough for me to pursue this further and it would benefit other owners looking for decent mats.

Here is a picture of what I received from Eckoman_pdx. My original SW20 Mr2 mats with embroidery on top.

Here is what I got from Coverking, the passenger side mat was way too big to fit. The binding on these is just fabric vs the surged OEM style binding.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
I have brand new still in the wrapper OEM mats (primo embroidered ones) that came as an extra goodie in a Spyder I just purchased. I'm not sending them to anybody.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I have brand new still in the wrapper OEM mats (primo embroidered ones) that came as an extra goodie in a Spyder I just purchased. I'm not sending them to anybody.
Nice! Perfect accessory for shows. Concours, anyone? There is a reason I'd part with a set or two of the newer OEM mats. My early in-wrapper set stays with my car too!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unless we can get a license from Toyota, I don't think this warehouse would do the embroidery.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Unless we can get a license from Toyota, I don't think this warehouse would do the embroidery.
I could be wrong but "MR2 Spyder" doesn't sound like a license problem. Unless it actually said Toyota.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
I could be wrong but "MR2 Spyder" doesn't sound like a license problem. Unless it actually said Toyota.
That's what I was thinking. Toyota has long forgotten about the lowly MR2 Spyder.

·
Registered
542 Posts
:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new: That was toooo funny.
Because he's reserving them for me. :alien:

xbiker is my new buddy, he calls me with a special name :cocksure:

·
Registered
939 Posts
I tried getting floor mats from the "floor mat guys" they do a great job, looks like the OEM one. but there're trolls department will not let them use any model or manufacture logos for fear of being sued. I ask to have just "Spyder" and they oked it took my money. but it was caught before it was shipped.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
About this Discussion
59 Replies
23 Participants
Rusty
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing