MR2 SpyderChat banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I tried getting floor mats from the "floor mat guys" they do a great job, looks like the OEM one. but there're trolls department will not let them use any model or manufacture logos for fear of being sued. I ask to have just "Spyder" and they oked it took my money. but it was caught before it was shipped.
Do you have any pictures of the mats you bought from the floor mat guys? If there is already an option for a mat with a surged binding then that might be easier than the route I'm going.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Do you have any pictures of the mats you bought from the floor mat guys? If there is already an option for a mat with a surged binding then that might be easier than the route I'm going.
I can take pics, but if you go to their website it's pretty simple. they match oem by make and model. just can't get MR2 Spyder on it.
I will take pic when I get home. working second shift tonight.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
I tried getting floor mats from the "floor mat guys" they do a great job, looks like the OEM one. but there're trolls department will not let them use any model or manufacture logos for fear of being sued. I ask to have just "Spyder" and they oked it took my money. but it was caught before it was shipped.
They are a little too cautious, I think. Porsche, Mitsubishi, Chevrolet, Toyota (any others?) used the word "Spyder." It's not trademarked.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
How about the logo "convertible"? Or "sports car"? Suppose they could approve that? Geesh! If you can find a Chinese manufacturer they'll make any logo all day long. Who lives in the free country, I've forgotten.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Without all of the logos, the mats are just replacement mats, not reproductions. There are many sources of replacement mats.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Maserati, Ferrari, Fiat?
Yes, of course, but Ferrari uses "Spider."
And then there's the three wheeled Can Am Spyder which doesn't need floor mats.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
View attachment 36698

As you can see you can add embroidering, I went with the better material and binding.
Www.floormatguys.com
Thanks for posting some pictures. :biggthumpup: These look excellent. How do you like the berber? Is the backing comparable to the stiffness of the OEM mats? I once bought a set of mats that would fold and bunch up under my accelerator pedal and it drove me up the wall. If you were to order again from the floormatguys would you change it in any way?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Thanks for posting some pictures. :biggthumpup: These look excellent. How do you like the berber? Is the backing comparable to the stiffness of the OEM mats? I once bought a set of mats that would fold and bunch up under my accelerator pedal and it drove me up the wall. If you were to order again from the floormatguys would you change it in any way?
the backing is not as stiff as the OEM set, they have the spikes on the back that grip into the carpet. I like them. they conform to the area well.
other than the embroidering (Spyder) which they won't do, I wouldn't change anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm going to guess at this point no one has a set they can send out so I can strike a pattern? I'm in the process of dealing with the mix up in Rusty's order, but separate from that I'd still like to temporarily acquire a set so I can strike a new pattern.

I only need it temporarily, then I would be sent back. The mats are not damaged at all during the process. If you have a set, please email me and we can work out the details: [email protected]

Thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm going to guess at this point no one has a set they can send out so I can strike a pattern? I'm in the process of dealing with the mix up in Rusty's order, but separate from that I'd still like to temporarily acquire a set so I can strike a new pattern.

I only need it temporarily, then I would be sent back. The mats are not damaged at all during the process. If you have a set, please email me and we can work out the details: [email protected]

Thanks!
Instead of starting a new post, might as well keep this one going.

Any update on custom OEMish floor mats? I really don't think Toyota is going to chase down copy right violators for people selling stuff for their cars that they no longer produce. If that were the case they would shut down the people making the convertible tops that fit the car. It does not have to say a word on it to be a copy right violation. A copy is a copy. Samsung and Apple have been fighting for years over the stupid design of a phone.

I have the passenger side mat I could send you, but it is pretty trashed. Surely there is someone on here that will send you some mats for some $$$ and then you give them a new set and their old ones back.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
If it is an exact repo I'm in for a set. Have a new in wrapper OEM set to stay with car when it passes ownership and sold off my other new mats for a ridiculous price. But a new re-pop for everyday wear and tear is a great idea.

Try to get the embroidered style, not patch-style remade.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mats for sale 2000-2005 Spyder

I have an extra set of mats I have made. It is not OEM but they are brand new and fit the car perfect ally including the rivet hole. The are script that say spyder. I will sell them for $70. Just call Dr. John. 615-481-5740. See pic mata.jpg matb.jpg

·
Registered
604 Posts
If it is an exact repo I'm in for a set. Have a new in wrapper OEM set to stay with car when it passes ownership and sold off my other new mats for a ridiculous price. But a new re-pop for everyday wear and tear is a great idea.

Try to get the embroidered style, not patch-style remade.
Why not use and enjoy your new mats yourself? Not using them and letting them go to the next owner, is like not making love to your wife or girlfriend so she will be fresh for her next husband or boyfriend.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Why not use and enjoy your new mats yourself? Not using them and letting them go to the next owner, is like not making love to your...
That's 1 school of thought, somewhat similar to how insane it is to buying a low mile car and then NOT driving the living crap outta it, because that's what they're for. And, ah, you might want to alter your analogy, very disrespectful of others, women and partners are not possessions.

My '05 has about 19k miles and it used for occasional summer drives. The original floor mats are fine for that purpose. But, one day someone will want to preserve this or another extremely nice one and the new mats enhance the value as there is no doubt they are OEM. By the way, last I looked this single pair of mats was worth about $500. Even the 'patch' OEM mats are worth 5x or 6x original price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Spyder Mats for Sale

I have a new unused set of Mats for the 2000-2005 Spyder. You can have them for $80 delivered. They are from Quality Car Mats dot com. Pictures attached. 615-481-5740 Dr. John F

Attachments

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
About this Discussion
59 Replies
23 Participants
Rusty
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing