MR2 SpyderChat banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Dammit man that sucks

Ok. Since this thread has been brought back three times, I have sent in a set of factory mats to Auto Custom Carpets, which should be delivered today. They are going to use the mats to make their own template. These won’t have the embroidery, but it never hurts to have more options for this car. The mats I received for the 91 MR2 were excellent quality, with a surged binding. Fingers crossed they don’t lose my mats.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Auto Custom Carpets - are they the same as ACC out of Al ? ACC already has mats listed for the Spyder, so I'm curious as to why you had to send them the factory mats.

Have you checked out Matworks? Just scroll through the pictures.

https://matworks.com/collections/monogram-custom-car-truck-mats/products/factory-style-car-mats

Ok. Since this thread has been brought back three times, I have sent in a set of factory mats to Auto Custom Carpets, which should be delivered today. They are going to use the mats to make their own template. These won’t have the embroidery, but it never hurts to have more options for this car. The mats I received for the 91 MR2 were excellent quality, with a surged binding. Fingers crossed they don’t lose my mats.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Auto Custom Carpets - are they the same as ACC out of Al ? ACC already has mats listed for the Spyder, so I'm curious as to why you had to send them the factory mats.

Have you checked out Matworks? Just scroll through the pictures.

https://matworks.com/collections/monogram-custom-car-truck-mats/products/factory-style-car-mats

Auto Custom Carpets is the same company as ACC. I originally ordered the mats from ACC through a vendor right after I bought my spyder. When the mats arrived they were for a 91 -95 MR2. Turns out the template for the spyder mats were lost and they had the same template listed for both cars. I was told if I could send in a set of factory stamped mats they would creat a new template. I don’t really need more mats, I just did it so there are more options for the next person who does.

I have seen the Matworks pictures, I like that they are willing to embroider the mats. I also considered contacting them to see if they would duplicate the original embroidery. The mats in the pictures have added the screaming chicken as a personal touch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was not able to find a set of original mats to send out to make a pattern. I ended up buying a set from floormatguys.com.
I'm in DFW area and have a set of factory spyder mats. Terrible condition (coffee on the embroideries and tear on driver side). do you think we can get this going? i'd like to get replacements.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I'm in DFW area and have a set of factory spyder mats. Terrible condition (coffee on the embroideries and tear on driver side). do you think we can get this going? i'd like to get replacements.
ACC has possession of my OEM mats. I’m not sure how long it takes to make a pattern, but as soon as I receive them I will post some pictures.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Twos R Us carries reproduction floor mats for both the 1st and 2nd generation MR2's. According to their web page, Jeremy Koller, who is (or was) a member of MR2OC had them digitally reproduced. I wonder how he did that. Any one here on Spyderchat a member of that other club and do you know of Jeremy Koller and the history of those floor mats? I wonder if he (or someone else) can digitally reproduce them for our Spyder?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Twos R Us carries reproduction floor mats for both the 1st and 2nd generation MR2's. According to their web page, Jeremy Koller, who is (or was) a member of MR2OC had them digitally reproduced. I wonder how he did that. Any one here on Spyderchat a member of that other club and do you know of Jeremy Koller and the history of those floor mats? I wonder if he (or someone else) can digitally reproduce them for our Spyder?
I don’t know who Jeremy Koller is, but I have ordered from Twos R Us several times over the years. Maybe David Hawkins is willing to put a group buy together for some embroidered mats.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
The mat fits snugly in the floor board, but it is not an exact copy of the OEM mat. The corners are not as sharp as the OEM mat. The surged binding is excellent. I opted for Essex material. The density of the Essex pile feels almost exactly the same as the OEM mat but it is slightly taller. The sample piece of cut pile felt too thin to me.
F6899A76-C9BD-43DF-8D5C-A8F321E5BA94.jpeg

434AF2D7-AA8A-4E63-BCB9-DF8822FC04DC.jpeg
5849B4E0-1810-40BE-BB16-B0329313F13D.jpeg

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
The OEM backing is made of rubber as is the Floormatguys. I don’t know what the backing is on the ACC mat. The Floormatguys mat is the most flexible and the OEM and ACC are close to the same in terms of flexibility.

C3B881CD-B3D6-406A-AD98-F8042B5ADFE8.jpeg

OEM mat

E1D42726-CF8D-4F12-8089-70671FBDB3F5.jpeg
E1D42726-CF8D-4F12-8089-70671FBDB3F5.jpeg

Floormatguys mat
A8BC66A0-CA13-43D8-AC46-08CCA1A35306.jpeg

ACC mat

·
Registered
270 Posts
That is too bad that neither company can do an exact replica (minus script).. I wonder, are ACC, Floormatguys, Lloyds and Avery all related?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I don’t think they are. IIRC Lloyd’s and Avery mats don’t have the surged edges.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
About this Discussion
59 Replies
23 Participants
Rusty
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing