MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I searched and found the funny dance you need to do to reprogram a new remote for the keyless entry system. I just cant get it to work. Anyone got a tip on what im doing wrong?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Someone emailed me the PDF and i got it to work but now i can't find the email but IIRC this sequence is what worked.
Steps im doing are:
with driver door open,key out
insert remove key twice
close then open dr twice
insert remove key once
close open dr twice
insert key
close dr
turn to ON 2x
remove key

lights flash, beeps 4x, lock unlock 4x
press lock/unlock simultaneously then press lock
should beep once, lock/unlock once
Open door, done.

If 2x beep and lock/unlock scenario which means to start over.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since this all has to be done within 40sec those 4x lock/unlocks takes a good chunk of time, do i have to wait til they're done? And to end the sequence you open the driver door after it confirms you've done it right with a single beep and lock/unlock?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I recently programmed a remote that I got off fleabay to my car, it was easy. The first thing I have to ask is if the new remote has the same FCC ID as your old remote. If you want it, I'll send you the PDF file that describes the procedure. I also set mine to unlock all the doors at once. I had no problems.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I recently programmed a remote that I got off fleabay to my car, it was easy. The first thing I have to ask is if the new remote has the same FCC ID as your old remote. If you want it, I'll send you the PDF file that describes the procedure. I also set mine to unlock all the doors at once. I had no problems.
I also got mines of off ebay and the FCC ID matches my old remote. However the new one is made in the usa while the old one is made in japan.

Its just that everytime i get to the part where I press both buttons and then the unlock it beeps twice instead of once. I'm thinking it means I took too long, I guess I'll keep trying.

And if I was any more naked while my "antenna" was anymore "extended", people would start calling the cops instead of just honking. :lol:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I believe I related this story here two summers back; so I will not go into detail, but I took some keys to the T dealer in Colorado Sprins, the service manager helped me out and re-programmed FOR FREE! hooked up a fancy gizmo to my car, then set about some programming sequence apparently some RF signal had been sent as well, because I noticed when I left about 20 cars (maybe only 10) had their lights blinking all around the parking lot!:huh:

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, I don't know what i'm doing wrong!

Tried it again with a stopwatch app on my cell and I can do the whole thing in ~20 sec way under the 40 sec limit.

Why am I keep getting the double beep/lock at the end when it should be a single beep/lock?

Anyone got a clue? should I just suck it up and take it to a T dealer?:mad:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an '03 and am having the same issue with an oem fob - I get two locks/ chirps at the end instead of 1.

Will not work.

Any ideas? Following it exactly as stated and doing it well quicker than 40 seconds. I have it memorized I've tried it so many times. Agh

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Arg omg I lost the damn email with the pdf instructions for the system.

So I found out that sequence I wrote up there is for a remote that is already apart of your system and to change the single button press feature. There is another sequence (almost exact) that is for a new remote that you bought somewhere.

IIRC when your at the point when key is in and door closed you turn it to on TWICE instead of the four, then continue as written. I don't think you can go directly to the single unlock both doors open stage when reprogramming a new remote. You'll have the do the sequence again but now with what is written up top since your remote should be apart of the system now.

Let me know if it works. I was so relieved after I got it to work, like doing the contra sequence for the first time :lol:

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Arg omg I lost the damn email with the pdf instructions for the system.

So I found out that sequence I wrote up there is for a remote that is already apart of your system and to change the single button press feature. There is another sequence (almost exact) that is for a new remote that you bought somewhere.

IIRC when your at the point when key is in and door closed you turn it to on TWICE instead of the four, then continue as written. I don't think you can go directly to the single unlock both doors open stage when reprogramming a new remote. You'll have the do the sequence again but now with what is written up top since your remote should be apart of the system now.

Let me know if it works. I was so relieved after I got it to work, like doing the contra sequence for the first time :lol:
If there is a way to post the PDF to the library someone let me know and I will, otherwise if someone needs it, if the send me an address I will email it to them.

It worked on my ebay purchased remote.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
rcntype, could you edit the original post from the 4 times on and and off to the 2 and say 'this is what works', just in case someone searches for keyless entry programming and comes to your post first.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I just tried a fleebay remote with FIC # ELVATDD, no luck on the adding new remote. I was able to delete all old remotes and re-ad one I already owned though...

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Edit first post.

I specifically got a remote on ebay with the same exact numbers on the back of the remote. If your numbers are different than it might not work?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Edit first post.

I specifically got a remote on ebay with the same exact numbers on the back of the remote. If your numbers are different than it might not work?
I believe that you are correct. It needs to have the exact same FCC ID as the original remote that went to the car. I think it has to do with the frequencies that it operates on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.