MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys think this is a good thing to put on your car and can you put the top on while you have them on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
819 Posts
You guys think this is a good thing to put on your car and can you put the top on while you have them on

The ad states no problem with a hardtop so one could assume the same for a soft top. I don't think they would sell something that would keep you from raising the top..

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
You’ll be able to put the top up and down just fine. That wind deflector looks like it should work pretty well too. But as far as calling it a roll bar...I’ll debate that. That’s probably going to bend in the middle in a real rollover and it barely covers the outline of the seats. If your head stays perfectly in the middle of the headrest you might get a little protection from it but your head is going to be flying around the cabin in a rollover.

If it’s for the look, go for it.

If it’s for safety, buy a Hard Dog.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you plan to take your car on a track, don’t buy that one. As AbandonMidship said get a hard dog if you want safety.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine came with those bars, no problem with the top. (I've wondered how effective the bars are.) I met a gal with a similar windscreen on her convertible (not a spyder) and she said she loved it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Efficiency of those styles bars = negative.

The OEM tube that support the soft-top to locking is very thin. It stiff the chassis during transversals movements.
In rollover case, the bar will not be the problem. Issue will be the fixation points of the "roll bar" linked above.
In the worst case > crushed head.

This is a French MR-S owner with roll cage and Hard-Top :

1 - 9 of 9 Posts