MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm Manos (or Emmanuel if you prefer it) I live in Greece (yes Christopherathens is
a friend of mine) and this is my new little pocket rocket-track day weapon that I always wanted.

Sorry for not having any better pics but I very recently fitted the new wheels and adjusted the suspension
and didn't have time to make it look even better than it already does :wub::p

So let's get started, the only "mods" untill now are:

Buddy Club P1 15" wheels from my previous car
Toyo Proxess R888 Tires 195/50
Ksport Kontrol Pro Coilovers
Removed Pre Cats of course
And a TRD Shift Knob

There are many more to be done (including posting some decent photos) but I have a small question.
I'm expecting an offer tomorrow, about 16" Work Emotion CR KAI Gunmetal wheels and I was wondering
if anyone has already fitted them on his MR, so I can have an idea about how they will look like on mine.
I don't care if they aren't gunmetal or if the car isn't black, just want to know what to expect.

Future modifications:
I've already ordered a TRD Roll Bar, a "facelifted" rear bumper and some other chassis parts. In my plans
I've included a new exhaust, an air filter, an Apexi Power Fc, bigger brakes and a Rotrex Compressor Kit.

Anyway, I'll keep you informed guys and tell me what you think ^_^

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
A friend of Chris' is a friend of ours. :)

Good pads to compliment your OEM brake hardware will probably be adequate for most street and track driving.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A friend of Chris' is a friend of ours. :)

Good pads to compliment your OEM brake hardware will probably be adequate for most street and track driving.
Happy to hear that my friend, Chris has helped me allot getting started with my Roadster.

Consider the break pads done, I'll most probably go with Carbotech XP8's as Chris recomended.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:
-Number plate moved to the right
-Debadging perfected after removing some glue marks
-TRD Radiator Cap
-TRD Thermostat
-TRD Oil Filter
-Motul RBF 600 Brake Fluids
-Denso Spark Plugs
-Work CR KAI 16" Gunmetal Forged ^_^

And a video from my first attempt on the track with the ZZW30 --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dos612Sh3Fg

I'm sorry for the poor quality, i'm sorry for the poor camera angle, i'm sorry for the poor driving style ... Still learning though !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update:
-TRD Radiator Cap
-TRD Thermostat
-TRD Oil Filter
-Denso Spark Plugs

And a video from my first attempt on the track with the ZZW30 --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dos612Sh3Fg

I'm sorry for the poor quality, i'm sorry for the poor camera angle, i'm sorry for the poor driving style ... Still learning though !
Any pics of side mounted number plate? I am interested in moving mine but am just wondering the best way to mount it and where.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update -->

With the relocated license plate, as requested

Fooling around with iPhoto ...

The new wheels are on their way, i'm considering using 195/45/16 and 215/40/16 tires.
What do you think ? :huh:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Nice MR2! Chris is a wealth of information so make sure you buy him a dinner and some Ouzo mini. He'll probably talk your ear off by then!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm trying my best to squeeze every bit of information possible out of Chris, thank God he's
willing to do it without any kind of financial agreement, but some Ouzo can always be helpful ...

By the way, your signature has become a way of life for me, no kidding, I bring it up every time
I feel sorry for not letting my Roadster get some rest in the garage.

Anyways, my Work wheels are most probably coming up next week and you can't even imagine
how excited I am, honestly can wait any longer ... :wub: I believe they will be the last step before
the rotrex kit ... ok maybe I'll install some bigger brakes first -_-

·
Registered
960 Posts
Update:
-TRD Radiator Cap
-TRD Thermostat
-TRD Oil Filter
-Denso Spark Plugs

That looks like a kart track. A very slick kart track actually. You're turning in too early at the second corner (from what I can tell from the video, I have no idea what the track looks like).

The miata needs to hit the apex and track out more

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well actually it is a cart track and I use it to "de-rust" my cornering once and a while :lol:
I don't even need to pay attention to the ideal lines, just go out there and have some fun.
The Miata driver was during the first week with the car, on his fisrt time on that track and
basically on his first time in any track what so ever, he has a lot to learn ...

Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to test my MR in a proper circuit :(

It will happen soon enough i hope.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey guys, I participated in a track-day yesterday. At the end of the day we started having some fun
as you will see in the photos. The car was great, finally I was able to adjust my coils properly, cause
I was able to test different settings and see what suits me better and of course get to know my car
even better under these ideal circumstances. Enough said, here are the pics -->

I'll post up some decent-driving photos soon enough and the telemetry data from my best lap.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some more pics -->

Apparently nobody gives a #$%& about my cornering abilities and they just keep taking photos of me drifting.
I was racing against the clock mostly, I only drifted once, or twice, or maybe half a dozen times ... :lol:

Oh and here are the telemetry data that I promised :

Best lap was set at 1:12.9, I'm not too happy about it, I expected beeing around mid 11's but it seems the track conditions weren't exactly ideal. Most of the guys were a couple of seconds over their PB's, so I guess theirs lots of room for improvement and such "room" is always welcome. ^_^

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Nice pics! Looks like you are having fun with you toy! By the way, I love that alfa behind you.....

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you my friend. In deed at the end of the day when only a few cars remained in the track, we started forgeting about laptimes and had a great time. There were a couple of old Alfas there that were adorable, I love these cars and I want to drive an old GTA someday ... :wub:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Guys, I need your help. After I spent a few hours researching on short shifters, I understood that I do not want the TRD one.

(By the way, you are realy good at describing the feel from each kit, that helped alot)

I want an ultra-short throw, so I was looking for the MWR kit but there is a problem. I've swaped the 6-Speed transmission from the 04' model and I haven't found any short shift kits for the 04'+ models. I desperately need a short shifter, have the money but no store to spend them. Please tell me there is a kit out there for me cause I'm on the verge of getting depressed. :(

Also, I'll be repairing my gearbox (2nd gear synchronizer went RIP) so I figured out It's a chance to install an aftermarket flywheel. I haven't done much research on that to be honest, I've only found an MWR forged steel flywheel, the TRD one and the Fidanza one. I've pretty much settled for the Fidanza one, but I would appreciate it if you wrote down some of your experiences with your aftermarket flywheels.

Guys, please help a fellow spyderchater out here, I'm on a tight schedule, my Spyder is my daily driver and I can't afford having it sitting around in workshops for too long.

Hint: I live in Greece ,so I'm looking for a shop that is willing to ship to Europe.

1 - 20 of 306 Posts