MR2 SpyderChat banner

301 - 306 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Is that a bored K24? That RPM seems crazy high. What will the reliability of that setup be?
The drag race guys run 2.6L (106mm strokers) to 10k. The k24 stroke is 99mm. Idk if this is a bored 99mm or a 102mm stroker.

If its a 99mm stroke motor 8800 rpm shouldnt be an issue. I plan on placing a 9500 rev limit on my upcoming 87x99 build but rarely get close to it.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
The drag race guys run 2.6L (106mm strokers) to 10k. The k24 stroke is 99mm. Idk if this is a bored 99mm or a 102mm stroker.

If its a 99mm stroke motor 8800 rpm shouldnt be an issue. I plan on placing a 9500 rev limit on my upcoming 87x99 build but rarely get close to it.
Interesting, but I disfavor comparing numbers and reliability between drag racing and road course racing. Drag racing is like sprinting for 1/4 mile. Road course racing is sprinting for 10 miles. What works for drag cars (600+ whp MWR 2zz motor) won't work on a circuit car.

Just by considering the piston speeds, I'd be shocked if OPs motor lasted long. But, I have to admit that I have NO idea what aftermarket pistons and rods are capable of. I know the K24 block architecture is stout.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
Hello everyone, excuse me for the huge delay, haven logged in for quite some time being super busy with work. Just wanted to share that the Spyder is still in my possession and still alive. K25 engine is in, it has fired up without being fully tuned yet. We still have a few more things to do before it is ready but we're finally getting there.

• Suspension: BC BR Coil-overs 10/12kg
  • Wheels: 18x10 et0
  • Tires: Yokohama Full slicks 250/650/18
  • Full roll cage and bracing still there
  • Aero pack: New huge airfoil splitter & flat bottom & diffuser (Still looking for a BFW at a reasonable price)
  • ECU: Ultratech standalone with sensors and a tablet display on the dash
  • Engine/Gearbox: Honda K25 (Specs in previous pages) I also installed a K-Tuned shifter
  • Brakes: Porsche/Brembo 4pot callipers with 330/300 discs (front/rear)
I will revert back with pics once the car is looking closer to what I would look like. At the moment it sits filthy in the tuning shop. But I can share this video below as a short preview...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes the mirrors are from a small bike and the overfenders are the result of some "toyota-overfenders" ebay search. Total cost 61€ ... but they're no good, i wouldn't recomend them.

Thank you for your kind words Sir Charles, i'm living the dream right now, i'll try to enjoy it as much as i can.
Sorry to ask again but I'm interested in the size of the fender flares you used. Can you tell me the width of them and if you used different sizes front to back? Thank you for any help you can give me. cheers. Matt

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
Hello, sorry for my late response. Actually for the rear, I used a set of Corolla WRC over-fenders which I modified and they will actually do the job just fine. I bought them dead cheap so it was worth the effort. For the front, just some regular plastic universal over fenders, I think mine are around 15cm wide or something like that.

Attachments

301 - 306 of 306 Posts