MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SADAS spring meet has been rescheduled to Oct 22-25 (a vote in the Facebook event + looking at TOTD calendar determined this).

We will not be doing a big BBQ and the Friday night Mexican dinner may turn into a parking lot picnic and car meet. Looking forward to seeing some of you there!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why no party and no Mexican dinner ? The group won't be that big will it ?
People traveling from various locations during a pandemic...I guess maybe if it's just a handful of people or if the numbers get way better by then.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh I see you got a cabin .... does that mean everyone's on their own ?
Anyone else is welcome to organize group lodging but as for me, I'm staying with 1 other couple to try and limit exposure.

·
Registered
61 Posts
For those of us who don't Facebook (ok, it's probably only me), thanks for posting this! I'll definitely be dropping in! I won't be able to make the Snake, but if, once things are worked out, you can share here the general schedule I would appreciate it

·
Registered
840 Posts
For those of us who don't Facebook (ok, it's probably only me), thanks for posting this! I'll definitely be dropping in! I won't be able to make the Snake, but if, once things are worked out, you can share here the general schedule I would appreciate it
I don't do Failbook either. I really wanted to make it to this, but the rescheduling put it right in the middle of two overlapping family functions. Maybe I can throw money at them for entertainment and I can drive over from Nashville for the day and get in on a group picture.

·
Registered
169 Posts
!!!!! I if i am done with my swap by then I am coming. Was gonna take it there anyways for test drive

·
Registered
658 Posts
I,m not on facebook either. I'm very interested. I haven't been able to get to the mountains all year. I'm ready.

·
Registered
9,801 Posts
Wish I could go to the Dragon again. Have fun and be safe, try not to make it a super spreader event since most of yall in that higher age range. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Anyone else is welcome to organize group lodging but as for me, I'm staying with 1 other couple to try and limit exposure.
Just FYI. No one here is wearing a mask. So if you're worried about exposure and other people, it's something for you to think about.

I on the other hand was grateful that it felt normal here. Not one store asked for a mask and not even the employees had any on. Just a FYI.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Disclaimer: This is not meant to be fear mongering or kill-joy in any way...I just believe the best decisions people can make are informed ones.

I know this meetup has become an annual tradition but to get together, from different states no less, with little to no social distancing probably isn’t the best thing right now. The Sturgis motorcycle rally (which was unimaginably larger) was linked to many new cases of coronavirus. While the exact number is debatable, this alone is still somewhat concerning but IMHO their are 2 often overlooked impacts of this.

First, people that did not attend the rally contracted the virus after it had been brought back from someone that did. Secondly the post-viral cardiac aftermath is still not well understood. I haven’t looked in the last month to see if any studies on this have been updated but as late as August roughly 70% of ppl that had contracted the virus and recovered still had signs of heart disease on testing (most often causing some degree of right heart failure which resulted in ongoing shortness of breath after they fully recovered from an active viral infection). This has been seen in all age groups, and whether it is temporary or permanent is still unknown. Anecdotal, but somewhat sobering is that one major league pitcher actually missed weeks of playing time after recovering from the virus for this exact reason.

To summarize, we are all adults and weigh our own risks daily (alcohol, tobacco, etc, etc). I’m not telling anyone what to do, just consider yourself as well as those you live with and interact with closely on a daily basis. The article linked shows the controversy of the initial reporting on the effect of the Sturgis event. It is one of the better articles because whether you agree with what they are saying or not, they have links in the article to the original studies so that you can actually read the methods that led to their statistics & conclusions should you so choose. I do sincerely hope that anyone that does choose to attend stays safe & enjoys themselves.

·
Registered
2003 MR2 Spyder
120 Posts
The SADAS spring meet has been rescheduled to Oct 22-25 (a vote in the Facebook event + looking at TOTD calendar determined this).

We will not be doing a big BBQ and the Friday night Mexican dinner may turn into a parking lot picnic and car meet. Looking forward to seeing some of you there!
Is this for only Spyders or is it open to mk1 and mk2 also? Or do they have their own meets? Sorry, new to this so didn't know. Thanks.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Is this for only Spyders or is it open to mk1 and mk2 also? Or do they have their own meets? Sorry, new to this so didn't know. Thanks.
No one's going to ask you to leave, but in a group picture they might want your car all the way at one end....? Merely for the sake of consistency.

·
Registered
2003 MR2 Spyder
120 Posts
No one's going to ask you to leave, but in a group picture they might want your car all the way at one end....? Merely for the sake of consistency.
Thanks for the info. So I guess they have their own get togethers at different times than the Spyder group. Some owners have both so I was just curious. Not that they can't come out to the dragon since the road is open to anything under 30 feet although there are some that get lost pulling trailers behind them. I'm not sure why they ignore the signs that says nothing over 30 ft or the curves up to the TN line but once they've committed there's no place to turn around if they don't do it there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well crap, I'm not going to be able to make it. The 24th is my wife's birthday and my son's Scouting Fall Family Camp-out. I might have been able to get away with disappointing one of them, but not both. Oh well, maybe next year!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts