MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody interested in taking our Spyders for a cruise on March 10th? Figure we can hit up FM 1863 and eventually end up back near Cibolo. Possibly having a bar b q afterwards. Spouses and significant others would be invited as well.
Figure we take FM 1863 from New Braunfels to 281. Then take 281 South until we can get back on Evans Road and take that back towards 2252 and eventually end up out by North Cliff golf course.
Anybody interested?

Of course it all depends on the weather.

Updated the date to say the 10th.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I am down, got the ok from my wife :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm thinking about it. Never met any of the SA drivers. You guys don't seem to make it over to the Houston area much. Where would you be meeting-up? and about what time? I would probably have to make it an overnight, and agree to take wife to the RiverWalk, but that would be fine! Keep me informed what's planned. Look forward to meeting more MR2's.
Tom Anderson

·
Registered
471 Posts
I just moved here a few months ago, if there's any big Houston meets let me know and I can try and head over.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since last night I was informed that my mother in law is coming to town on the 12th is there any objections to doing this on the 10th?
I'm going to be taking care of the food after the cruise. We'll meet back at my house for a bar b q. Consider it a laid back meet and greet.

If you are coming to San Antonio, bringing your significant other and want somewhere very nice to stay I recommend the Mosheim Mansion in Seguin. The rooms and breakfast are amazing.
http://www.mosheimmansion.com/

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just moved here a few months ago, if there's any big Houston meets let me know and I can try and head over.
Things have been unusually quiet for the Houston bunch! That's why I was checking what SA was planning.:huh:
If I hear of a run, I'll try to let you know. There's a pretty good group that makes runs from here.:lol:

·
Registered
522 Posts
We, by which I really mean NitroMidgets, have been trying to get people to meet at the monthly Rides and Coffee show here in San Antonio. The largest turn out has been three Spyders.

If we were current Mustang, Camaro, Charger, or Challenger owners, then we'd have PLENTY of company.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I am can work with the 10th. I always like hanging out with other owners.

·
Registered
471 Posts
So we still meeting for cars and coffee this month?

·
Registered
522 Posts
That's the plan. We'll have a nice mix, especially with NitroMidgets' new side intakes, spoiler, and exhaust, your new 6-speed, and with any luck, I'll have a new exhaust and maybe interior trim.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I am hoping to have my new side markers and the control arm bushings in as well. Couldn't make it out to the auto shop to put them in this weekend.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, Cars and Coffee/Coffee and Rides is still a go for later this month.

The 10th should be a good time as well. If it comes down to it and the weather sucks we can always still bar b q as my patio is covered anyways.

Otherwise we might meet in New Braunfels, drive 1863 to 281 and back towards New Braunfels on 46 until we get to 3009 and then head down to my house.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anybody have any food allergies?

Anybody allergic to dogs? Mine will be in their crates in a spare bedroom but I figured I should at least ask.

If you are going to attend send me a PM to let me know you are coming and if you are bringing your significant other along.
Just hoping to have a rough head count.

Those wishing for excitement can stop at the Wild Life park and attempt to drive through with your convertible top down. I'd only really worry about the ostridges.

·
Registered
125 Posts
This sounds fun. (if the weather Is good) I'll see if I can drag along some others.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, it should be a good time. Between the cruise, the cars, the food and the conversations it should turn out well.

It would be cool if some of the Houston and Austin people can make it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I wouldn't mind going to Austin to hang out with other owners too. Oh where are we meeting for te cruise?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Probably easiest to pick a spot in New Braunfels close to the start of FM1863. I will work that out this Sunday when I go over there. I believe there is a strip mall near where FM 1863 and 46 come together.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ok. I don't think I will have any problems finding it.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts