MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Woke up got off the boat and seen this car.sitting.in the parking lot
Every Toyota emblem was covered with ferrari stickers. Including the center caps. Also I've never seen silver with a tan top. Did that come factory like that?

·
Registered
663 Posts
the owner must have really been trying to make it a ferrari with the tan look as well. never seen them stock. he/she probably replaced the top with a tan one and swap the seats out as well.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Ferrari too????? ...and here I thought only the new Porsche looked like a spyder!

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
The sad thing is he's only fooling himself with the ferrari stickers. Anyone else that knows anything about cars should know ferrari would never make anything as cheap as a spyder.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
It really makes me wonder when I see a handicap placard in a car that isn't exactly handicap accessible...

no disrespect or anything, but it sure is nice to not have to walk across the parking lot.

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
It really makes me wonder when I see a handicap placard in a car that isn't exactly handicap accessible...

no disrespect or anything, but it sure is nice to not have to walk across the parking lot.
They should just call it senior citizen/ handicap parking. I often see those that are old who are not disabled in the real sense abuse the intention of the handicap access when they are perfectly fine to walk and I bet they go on long walks.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts

I'm with ya... It's hard enough for an able-bodied person to get in and out of these things. Anyone capable of that manuever clearly does not meed that spot as much as my grandmother... Karma is a bitch...

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm with ya... It's hard enough for an able-bodied person to get in and out of these things. Anyone capable of that manuever clearly does not meed that spot as much as my grandmother... Karma is a bitch...
So just because I have a disability and a parking permit I shouldn't own a Spyder? If your careful you can manage getting in and out just fine.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
So just because I have a disability and a parking permit I shouldn't own a Spyder? If your careful you can manage getting in and out just fine.
Essentially, yes. I don't know your disability but my parents aren't disabled and hate my car due to accessibility. My grandpa who is disabled definitely can't get in my car.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Essentially, yes. I don't know your disability but my parents aren't disabled and hate my car due to accessibility. My grandpa who is disabled definitely can't get in my car.
Arthritis, a grandpa, and when it gets to the point I am unable to get in or out of it, then it goes up for sale.

For those of you that are healthy and able bodied I just hope you never have to deal with a disability, but if you do then you might understand what some of us go through. I used to think "that persons not disabled" just because they can get out of their car and walk. Now I understand. I deal with the looks I get when parking in a disabled spot and exit the car because they don't understand. Ive even had people tell me "that spots for disabled people" as I limp away. But I enjoy the car and will stick with it till I just cant.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I have had the same knee jerk reaction but you have to keep in ind that disability includes things like heart failure, COPD, etc. which would not necessarily hinder one in getting in/out of the car, but walking to and from it.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I have had the same knee jerk reaction but you have to keep in ind that disability includes things like heart failure, COPD, etc. which would not necessarily hinder one in getting in/out of the car, but walking to and from it.
I'm still trying to figure out the handicap plates that I have seen on a few motorcycles here in CA - :confused:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Except if your vital organs like heart and lungs are fighting to get oxygen, what do you think the rest of your organs get. Even getting out of the car would be taxing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.