MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well fellow SCer's its been a long time for me on this forum (I think). I have been distant for awhile because of new interests and my newly married life :) anyways I had to let my car go in January for funds for our wedding and I got robbed of it unfortunately. We had no choice to sell it, there is not a week that goes by that it doesn't come to my mind telling me that I should have kept it, it was a sudden thing. I wanted to of course sell it on here so it would go to an honest and great owner who would take care of it the way I did. I don't even know who bought my car and I have a manhole full of parts that I have left still, I would like to sell them but I have to take pictures of the stuff first. The journey on here has been great, I have seen myself mature on this board from high school to college graduate and now a newly married man. I have learned everything I know from you guys on here and I will always creep around. My wife and I would love to get an FJ cruiser and start doing the things I did to my spyder to get back in the scene. I guess the sports car scene has moved away from me but the FJ cruiser is a perfect fit for us and it is still a Toyota, We love Toyotas.

I know I never met most of you but having some forum friends was great, I never made it out to the Dragon but I grazed over pictures and was wishing I was there. I know I am ranting on but I wanted to take time and post a "goodbye" if you will, but I will always be checking in. Thank you guys for everything!

Here is the last picture I took of it on the lot to be auctioned.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Congratulations on the wedding! That FJ Cruiser is a nice ride, been in love with them since they were released. Best of luck in the future!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Your car was the first I had seen with smooth side vents, very nice car. It inspired me to hack up my old vents. I hope you enjoy your next car as much as you did the spyder.

·
Registered
9,829 Posts
Your modded headlights were the hotness.

Good luck with the new ride whatever it is.

Oh yea dibs on parts - whachu got? :lol:

·
Registered
489 Posts
I think I would've gone to the Justice of the Peace before selling my Spyder to pay for a wedding. :huh:

Congratulations on getting married, and remember you can always come back home.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Apparently, we joined SC the same month in the same year, May 2006. I totally feel you with the difficulties of not having the Spyder anymore. I honestly thought that I was going to "keep it forever". Nonetheless, life happens....I just parted with my Spyder last month too.

Like you, I'm still around though. There's no other car forum that I had belonged to and still stucked around after I have sold the car, there's definitely something special about SC.

Goodluck with you new venture and the FJ Cruiser is definitely a cool ride.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hi scootrkitz

Did you do your headlight retrofit yourself ? If you do, can you do mine too ? I will pay you $$$..
Let me know..

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
So you put it in an auction? Did you set a reserve? You had it looking really nice... how much did it bring?

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Nooooooooooooooo! Another one bites the dust. Sad to see you go. I would have saved some real money and just got rid of the soon to be wife. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts