MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this or know anyone who has? It seems like a pretty cool tool, obviously its not a real scan tool, but for its size it looks like it does a lot. I think it will good for us 1zz guys who want or are interested in gauges without all the fuss, but it doesn't have everything (fuel press, oil press, etc).

http://www.scangauge.com/

Here is the only thread I found on it.
http://spyderchat.com/forums/index.php?sho...mp;hl=scangauge

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
User LinearLogic is associated with the device, the owner/developer?
I have it and I believe that Dev does as well. I have been very happy with it.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys are telling me its no rice module, good. However I don't know how you could mount it in the clock location becasue the scangauge is about 4.8 in. long and a cd is about 4 in. so unless he cut out the airbag screen too I don't know how it would fit? That is a good place to put it though. Dev needs to post a pic.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Spydercam, I'm glad I was proven wrong.

Actually I wasn't wrong. I just got to see peek-shures

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (scootrkitz @ Dec 11 2008, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks Spydercam, I'm glad I was proven wrong.

Actually I wasn't wrong. I just got to see peek-shures[/b]
He might post up some more if you ask him, yw though!

·
Registered
802 Posts

·
Registered
23,068 Posts
I am still working on finishing mine. I plan to add either the laminated coverings that are over the unit or refinishing the piece better and adding some glass on the face so it sits flush and looks even more factory.

The Scan gauge is great and there isn't a day that I don't use or rely on it. It gives me a variety of data so I can monitor what the car is doing.
I even use the Digital MPH over the dial in the car to tell me how fast I am going.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Same here. The digital MPH is more accurate than my dial. The RPM doesn\'t update quite fast enough to be used solely, but I keep it on the display to be able to easily check trip max RPM.

I mostly got it for the fuel effiency and instant MPG readouts. I have mine mounted above the left air vent with the cable running under the plastics. The other possibility I considered was on the steering column but the curve was a little problematic.

Someone else posted a thread with a newer full color touchscreen device that I would consider if I didn\'t already have this. I\'d have to look for that thread again though.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I bet if there were interest, LinearLogic would do a group buy/discount again.
He doesn't log in much (since he no longer has the spyder) but was very helpful. I'd be happy to answer any questions that I can.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Be sure to ask for a Non-CAN cord if you order one otherwise you might get the blinking ABS light issue. I love my SGII for the Spyder and use it in my other car during the winter.

PS they also posted a newish Horsepower X-gauge formula.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts