MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I go outside today to find that my driver side seat has a tear... I guess even with trying hard to keep it nice a 2003 eventually ages. :(

The other thing that I have noticed for some time now is the leather trim in the door handle area seems to be "popping" out.

If anyone has dealt with this before and has some good remedies I would appreciate it!

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
The seat is a tough one. It looks like the leather got too dry and split. "Leatherique" sells some stuff called rejuvenator, that is supposed to prevent that from happening. Process is to slather it all over your seats and cover them with a plastic bag for a few days while the goodness soaks in. An upholstery shop might stitch in one new strip of leather (pleat to pleat), I have no idea of cost. I would certainly try the rejuventor stuff on the good seats right away.

For the door panels, try gluing the edges down with"HH-66" adhesive...basically upholstery grade rubber cement.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the same thing happening on my passenger side door trim pulling away from the top, am interested in seeing the responses on how to deal with this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.