MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2002, Turbo, 2ZZGE
1,591 Posts
They're ok. They take A couple months to shrink up and look OEM tight. Here's what they look like when first installed.

Brown Product Seat belt Fixture Car seat cover

·
Registered
2002, Turbo, 2ZZGE
1,591 Posts
Use clothing steamer, hair dryer and set in sun
Yeah I set them in the Texas summer sun. They shrunk right up and look OEM now. I can maybe get some pictures tomorrow if you want.

I'm actually about to upgrade to Carbon Tillet B5's. So I may put the current seats up for sale. I would be afraid to even ask what shipping would be before the end of the year though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I installed a set of these this summer. Take the time to use a steamer on the seat foam once you have the old skins off. The foam will return to its original shape which will help the new skins fit better. Also remember that to do this job correctly requires hog ring pliers and rings. Mine fit as tight as factory. I think these are excellent value.

·
Registered
2002, Turbo, 2ZZGE
1,591 Posts
Also remember that to do this job correctly requires hog ring pliers and rings.
+1 buy cheap hog ring pliers and take your time. You will also probably need to fabricate some small hooks from coat hangars. It will be obvious when you pull off the old skins. The coat hangars will need to slip through the looped cloth between each panel to pull them down properly. It's not really hard to do, it just takes time. You should probably buy some 3/4 foam from a craft shop for your side bolsters. Mine took a panel on each side to get everything looking tight.

Where are you located? I am about to pull my seats and replace with shiny uncomfortable carbon fiber. My wife tells me I can't store my spares anymore in the garage.

·
Registered
02 MR2 Spyder
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
+1 buy cheap hog ring pliers and take your time. You will also probably need to fabricate some small hooks from coat hangars. It will be obvious when you pull off the old skins. The coat hangars will need to slip through the looped cloth between each panel to pull them down properly. It's not really hard to do, it just takes time. You should probably buy some 3/4 foam from a craft shop for your side bolsters. Mine took a panel on each side to get everything looking tight.

Where are you located? I am about to pull my seats and replace with shiny uncomfortable carbon fiber. My wife tells me I can't store my spares anymore in the garage.
i am near Erie Pa

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's a long way to ship 70lbs of big seats. I bet the shipping would be $300!
Check out Greyhound Package Express for shipping stuff like this. You have to drop off at the bus station and they have to pick up at the station at the other end, but it's a lot cheaper than the more traditional carriers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts