MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the forum... can someone lead me to a thread on seat options and mounting them?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but i'm aware of the search engine. I was hoping that one of the forum vets would point me to what I need. :huh:

·
Registered
782 Posts
Seats

Not sure about the tread but honda s2000 (easy install just need to bend a tab) and celica seats seem to be popular.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Seats are very tricky.

There's two threads that come to mind. One individual mounted Corbeau seats, the other mounted Cipher auto seats. Between the two threads, there's enough information to make a judgement.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Seats are a great way to improve your car, I have the bride lowmaxx in mine and love the drop of seat height. Also I am very tempted to trade for MOMO seats. Just search Ebay and look at the awesome selection of MOMO's. The most tricky part it mounting, I had custom mounts made for 100$ and they sit as low as possible. LOVE EM!

(Got my brackets done at a local high school BTW)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
There is no master thread. You will have to search case-by-case.

·
Registered
23,067 Posts
How fat are you.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Thanks but i'm aware of the search engine. I was hoping that one of the forum vets would point me to what I need. :huh:
Hey how about you use it then. You won't get much help around here if you dont try to be self sufficient first.

And what exactly are your "needs"?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Celica GTS seats are the bomb.
I have been trying to find a set of nice ones. You can use the stock rails with these right?

·
Registered
8,707 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
The only reason, well the main reason I wanted new seats was because the stocks sit so damn high. Celica seats are even taller!

Why get celica seats besides "maybe" some weight saved or look?

·
Registered
17,055 Posts
You do know you can lower the drivers seat with the adjustment knob, right?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Seats

I actually really like my stock seats. Depends a lot on body shape though!

·
Registered
23,067 Posts
The only reason, well the main reason I wanted new seats was because the stocks sit so damn high. Celica seats are even taller!

Why get celica seats besides "maybe" some weight saved or look?

Good luck with that because aftermarket seats tend to sit way up high. I had to cut the foam on my aftermarket seats and still sit a bit high.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I am so up in the air on seats. (no pun intended!) Its the last thing I need to do on the interior and I was just thinking of having someone custom upholster over the stock but they want like $1,200.00 a seat. yikes.

I am just not too crazy on the aftermarkets and if you all say they tend to sit high thats bad cause I'm 6'1"...

Back to the drawing board!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ah, you require
I feed my 8 month old daughter. That is why i asked for help. Don't have time to dig for hours.

How fat are you.
i'm 6'1 205

Alderaan34, Why so rude? i'm looking to upgrade

Thanks for the help Ken Branch, SuperWhiteGT4, FiJi, and xbiker.
I like the look of Corbeau, and Spacos; which I have sat in before and loved. Eventually I would like to have a full harness for track days. I would like to be lower because of the wheel hitting my legs. It is not comfortable to me with the seat all the way back.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts