MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Island Dimsum June 3rd

Description:
A simple short drive along Mercer Island with Dimsum at the end. 10 miles with 120 turns and bends. Speeds will be very slow. You will have to deal with many people doing their best Lance Armstrong impression. Then why bother you may ask. The road is a fun twisty road with a good rhythm. Constant left and right turns with very short straights. The longest straight is 1/16th of a mile. This is a road you could enjoy, at a speed that is safe and wont throw you into jail.

Details:
Meet Point: South Bellevue Park and Ride,
2700 Bellevue Wy SE, Bellevue, WA
Time: 11AM
Drive Route: Depart from Park/Ride at 11am. Proceed onto the freeway and take the Mercer Island Exit. Drive till the end of West Mercer and regroup at the park next to the Freeway. Those that want to still hang out can follow the rest of us into Chinatown.
Dimsum: We will be having Dimsum at New Hong Kong. Yes I know it's not the "best" place for Dimsum. However, it is the only place that offers enough parking for a group of people.
Cost: 20 dollars, do bring cash and we just toss it all in together. If the cost is cheaper then you get whatever back.

We should bring FRS radios if we got them. Mine will be on the usual channel, 2.2.

Route Map:
http://g.co/maps/r6pzx

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If coming along remember to bring a FRS radio. I'll be obviously running point and relaying oncoming cars and cyclist info for obvious reasons. Road is very narrow and it helps knowing in some of the blind corners that it's ok to over take Lance Armstrong.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Mercer Island Run

Sounds like fun.
Missed the post.
Let us know if you setup another one - weathers improving! :unsure:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Weekend of the 14th?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'd like to meet up with you guys some time.

I get back from Europe on July 25th

let me know if you guys would like to meet up.

*** How about all you guys Post a picture of your car so we can see what our region looks like***

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.