MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The good news is someone is going to get a really nice Spyder.

The Story: Purchased this car thinking it was going to be a great daily driver as my SW Turbo was being reawaken. Since that project is off schedule, the Spyder was so exciting that I had dreams of turning it into a track car and the SW becoming the daily.

Life pushes and pulls in different directions. After only owning this car for a great 4 months, I have decided to sell as a result of those life adjustments. As you can tell by the most recent mods it was being prepared to realize its' full potential but as most if not all you know, it is an expensive en devour.

My plans and focus have shifted to finishing my 1st project and preparing to purchase a house. As a result, this amazing Spyder does not fit into those plans and is now up for sale. I have not placed it on craigslist or ebay or autotrader, etc. I thought I would post here to start, as this is the home of the MR2 Spyder.

If there are questions please PM or post, other information, full disclosure is in my build thread, link located in my signature.

Clean title car, smogged and registered through September 2013 (yes over a year,) in CA under my name. Located in Los Angeles right next to LAX airport.

Misc. stock interior pieces will be included, along with 8 or 9 Toyota OEM oil filters, maybe other stuff that I find.

Looking for $9,600 obo

Current Situation:
2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder Solar Yellow 117k
2ZZGE around 39k (Matrix XRS)
C60 transmission 4.52 about 24k (Matrix XRS)
Celica Header with 1zz flange(Celica GTS)
Apex'i Evo Exhaust
Lotus K&N 4" Intake
Exedy Stage 2 Clutch
Fidanza Flywheel
Tein Super Street Coilovers
TRD Front Tower Brace
Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood
Enkei RPF1 15x7 (limited black edition)
Falken Rubber 195 Front/ 205 Rear
Project MU Brake Pads
Apex'i Mounted Tach Pod
Apex'i Grounding Kit
JDM Navpod
TRD Shift Knob
'03+ Side Vents
'03+ Lower Diffuser
Monkey Wrench Racing Short Shifter and Base Bushings
Speed Source Cable Bushings
Moroso 6qt. Baffled Oil Pan, Quick release Drain Plug
Che Front Lower Brace
Che Rear Lower Brace
Razo Concave 14" Rear View Mirror
Razo RA66 Carbon Shift Knob 400g
Corky Breast Plate (on order)

A/C is hooked up and blows cold
Heater works great as well

Drivers seat is worn on bottom cushion, not ripped.
Original floor mats, but drivers side is looking tired.
2 small holes in soft top, patched, no leaks.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Not another SoCal Spyder owner gone!

Either way, it looks like a nicely put together Spyder. All the best with the sale and hopefully the next owner will continue a proper build.

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
I have some questions for you as I am representing a potential buyer.

Can you tell me who did the swap for the 2zz ?

Was the car driven hard ?

Are there any issues?
It seems that you listed a 4" intake, are you using stand alone computer management ?

The potential buyer wants to drive this car from one coast to the other. Do you give any guarantee that this car will make it without any issues.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have some questions for you as I am representing a potential buyer.

Can you tell me who did the swap for the 2zz ?

Was the car driven hard ?

Are there any issues?
It seems that you listed a 4" intake, are you using stand alone computer management ?

The potential buyer wants to drive this car from one coast to the other. Do you give any guarantee that this car will make it without any issues.
A shop in the area did the original swap. Previous owner, first c60 had a 5th gear pop out undiagnosable issue so ETL in Fullerton,CA swapped in the 2nd c60, which is why the engine and tranny have "mis-matched" mileage, also PO.

In my time it went on one spirited cruise through Malibu with a group pf spyder chat members. We weren't pushing the limits by far. Aside from that occational 80-90 mph down the freeway when traffic allowed.

This isn't an issue but stated will need new rotors at some point.

I purchased a plastic cover piece for the end of one of the transmission linkage parts that will fix some slop in the shifting. Haven't had time to place it on.

No management that would be the next logical step. Maybe want to swap out intake to a ehind the battery 3"er. Please click on signature link for further pictures.

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
A shop in the area did the original swap. Previous owner, first c60 had a 5th gear pop out undiagnosable issue so ETL in Fullerton,CA swapped in the 2nd c60, which is why the engine and tranny have "mis-matched" mileage, also PO.

In my time it went on one spirited cruise through Malibu with a group pf spyder chat members. We weren't pushing the limits by far. Aside from that occational 80-90 mph down the freeway when traffic allowed.

This isn't an issue but stated will need new rotors at some point.

I purchased a plastic cover piece for the end of one of the transmission linkage parts that will fix some slop in the shifting. Haven't had time to place it on.

No management that would be the next logical step. Maybe want to swap out intake to a ehind the battery 3"er. Please click on signature link for further pictures.
One question, how were you able to use a bigger then 2.75" intake without a check engine light running the stock ECU ?
The MAF will throw a CEL is the MAF rests in a bigger then stock diameter intake.

The potential owner is particular about yellow and being a 2zz like his old car years ago before it was totaled. He is flying into LAX and would like to look at the car for a possible buy and drive back across country and that's why it has to be reliable enough without any potential issues.

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
Yes cel is intermittant. I replaced the post cat O2 fixed for a bit then got the heater circuit code frget what number it is for the same sensor. Doesn't effect drivability at all.

MAF is plugged in and all that so swapping intake would be a small project for the new owner PPE perhaps.
occasional blinking and then goes away or does it stay on until you have to reset it ?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.