MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed one? If so. Can we see pics?

Is it difficult to install?

·
Registered
65 Posts
There's an Android smartphone app for that now! It's a plugin for Torque Pro.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No one?

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have a MoTec ECU so i put on the extra SLM . Custom install in my TRD wheel. Wired thru the clock spring whic i change to get the extra pins required

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
964 Posts
Just the rpm wire from the stock tach will work. It can be custom program to how many light come up at certain rpm range. Much better than my old autometer shiftlite junk. I got this right after last year track time at NJMP. Can't hear much with the helmet on so the light is useful.

·
Registered
9,829 Posts
I have a MoTec ECU so i put on the extra SLM . Custom install in my TRD wheel. Wired thru the clock spring whic i change to get the extra pins required

Thats a nice steering wheel and if I remember pretty expensive with the airbag.

·
Registered
742 Posts
That Aussie link to the first one looks really good . Its simple and has serveral configurations. One to go i reckon.

Shift lights are great so you dont have to keep your eye on the Taco .

But one thing for sure dont make it bounce like a Christmas tree , have it set for the last 1000 rpm and a colour that is different so you get the signal to shift. Looking at the leds light up is like looking at the taco.

I have first pair of outside lights go green light on 6,700 then 7,000 then 7,300 and then all go white at 7,600.

This was the right combo for me as my display also is used for malfunction and the leds go Red if something is triggered like
High intake temp
High water temp
High Rotrex oil temp
High oil temp
Knocking

·
Registered
742 Posts
Exactly what I wanted! Thanks!
Can you tell me witch wires you used?
I've never done this before.

Mandalay, thanks for the pic!

Look at the site , looks very simple .

Also see if your clock spring in the steering wheel has an extra unused pin then you can put it on the steering wheel.
Easier to see as its in your face and doesnt obstruct the cluster

1 - 13 of 13 Posts