MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think that depends on the brand you get. Most of them adjust the pivot point of the shifter so that the throw is shorter as well as the height of the knob. I have seen some cheap ebay one's that essentially just make and shifter shorter without adjusting the pivot point.

I bought the MWR short shifter a few months ago, and love it. The quality was outstanding. It is easy to install, and comes with everything you need. I would also recommend installing the brass bushings at the same time. Those with sharpen up the feel of the shifter and make it easier to find the gears.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that depends on the brand you get. Most of them adjust the pivot point of the shifter so that the throw is shorter as well as the height of the knob. I have seen some cheap ebay one's that essentially just make and shifter shorter without adjusting the pivot point.

I bought the MWR short shifter a few months ago, and love it. The quality was outstanding. It is easy to install, and comes with everything you need. I would also recommend installing the brass bushings at the same time. Those with sharpen up the feel of the shifter and make it easier to find the gears.
Thank you. Did you install it yourself? If so, how difficult/easy was it? If MWR installed it would you mind let me know the cost?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I put mine in my self. It wasn't too hard, it took maybe an hour... the hardest part was getting out the old one. The new one came with all new hardware, but no instructions. That wasn't really a problem. the install was really strait forward. Anyone with a basic tool set and a little confidence should be able to pull this off. Below is a link to the how-to that i found, that was pretty helpful.

http://www.andysautosport.com/addit...hifter-install-for-the-toyota-mr2-spyder.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts