MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I've searched. Trying to decide whether to install in the 2002 bumper or just spring for a 2003 bumper.... show me your pics and convince me to stick with the pre-facelift!

·
Registered
802 Posts
For 00-02 I definitely prefer Pelinors' setup over the one inside the bumper. I think I've seen those round ones and some square ones in the same thread before, but I couldn't decide which I liked better.

Nice thing about aftermarket fogs is the beam pattern. OEM 03+ fogs are garbage (funny since 03+ projectors are AWESOME). You could get a nice set of projector fogs for an 00-02 car. I bet even generic Pilot brand ricer crap from AutoZone would be better than OEM 03+. I heard one of the Pilot projector fogs are re-branded Blazer (not the Chevy) fog lights.

Perfect solution IMO would be 03+ bumper with non-OEM fogs. One of these days I'll install my Infiniti FX35 projectors in the fog light locations.

I'd also like to see the Celica projector fogs in action (no idea what their output looks like).

·
Registered
506 Posts
So the Silver Spyder shown above - are those fog-lights retro-fitted into the stock 00-02 bumper cover, or is it a special bumper cover with the lights already inserted? I think this design looks a lot cleaner than those hanging over the grille, IMHO.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
They're bezels you cut the stock bumper to install. They're discontinued though, however a while back I saw some carbon fiber replicas on ebay. I've got a pair of toyota fog light bezels but have yet to install them.

The PIAA 510 lights fit very well into the openings of the bezels though.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
I think the silver car belongs to Rcntype, i think thats his username or something like that.
Yes that is my car. And those are jdm fog bezels and fog lights.

I was in the same boat as Mike with my second spyder, 03 bumper or add some fog lights to the preface lift bumper. This version I have now is absolutely the best. :lol: This fog light kit definitely changes how the car looks, now its not so plain looking and it makes the car look wider as well. They're also pretty pimp when turned on. :lol:

·
Registered
152 Posts
99-00 honda civic fog lights ($40 on ebay shipped)

How did you mount them? Did you create your own mounting bracket or modify the one that comes with them? Also, does the on/off switch fit in the Toyota switch blanks? Also does the switch light up? I'm really thinking about getting a set.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.