MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of selling my '05, silver, manual, leather with 49K miles. If I do sell, I would like to get 15,000 for it. Is that reasonable?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Depends what condition it's in mechanicly. Is there any body damage to the body and what condition is the paint? What condition is the interior in? Do you have aftermarket mods done if so what mods? These are just a few things that buyers look at. If it's all stock and in good condition I would think 9.5k-11k would be the right ball part.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's all stock except the short shifter. Great condition, great paint, inetrior only 1 small scratch on the passenger seat. 11K seems a bit low for an 05. I realize on here they go a little lower, but out in the real world is that all I could hope for? What about on a trade in? Anyone know what these are getting?

·
Registered
587 Posts
T-Bone was right just got done checking KBB. For your car listed in good condition its worth 14,700 in a private sale.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
I picked up my 05 just over a year ago. White 040 MT with 39k. Paid 16,2 with full GENUINE TOYOTA warranty. Some might say I overpaid, don't care. It was what i wanted...... Hell they had the damn thing listed At 17,9.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I picked up my 05 just over a year ago. White 040 MT with 39k. Paid 16,2 with full GENUINE TOYOTA warranty. Some might say I overpaid, don't care. It was what i wanted...... Hell they had the damn thing listed At 17,9.
There's a lot of back and forth sometimes on here about what our cars are worth. There will never be agreement on the value because there are several factors involved that change that value, and a lot of people don't understand them.

Here are some of them, in no particular order:

Cash or financed? Cash will always get a better price. If it's financed, by whom? One way or another you will pay a premium for that financing. What value guide does the one financing the car use. A car lot will probably want to use KBB since their values are usually higher. About everyone else in the world will use NADA. My credit union will finance up to 80% of NADA value on a car the age our Spyders are. I think that's about standard.

Location. If you use NADA or KBB on line to determine the value, they will want your zip code. Why? Values are different in different locations for a variety of reasons. The value of your Spyder in Virginia is not going to be the same as a similiar one in California. The economy in your area will always have an impact on it's value too.

Condition. An immaculate car especially with low miles will bring a premium above the value in any guide. How much depends on how bad a buyer wants the car.

In the end it's hard to say if someone got a good deal or not unless you know all these details and know the market really well. It really comes down to whether or not the buyer is happy. I'm happy with the price I paid for our Spyder, I feel like it was fair. It's your money, if you're happy it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks.

If you're trying to sell and you have the price too high you'll find it out pretty quick when no one is willing to pay that for it and you have to lower the asking price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts