MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not perfect, has a mark on the glass where a zipper rubbed against the glass when a bag was sitting on the hardtop. Might be repairable, it doesn't pop out but definitely noticeable. I *think* it's 1DO but not 100%, and there's a small rub in the clearcoat at the driver front corner. I'll post pics in a bit.

3% cash discount. Shipping is responsibility of the buyer but I will do everything I can to facilitate. PM me if you're interested.

EDIT: Just to reduce the number of PM's I'm getting, this is PENDING SALE. If it falls through I'm going to contact interested parties in the order PM's were received. Pics are in post #18, fitment kit is included as noted in post #3. I've since buffed out some of the scratches in the pics, the damage through the clear obviously isn't going to polish out.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
1do is a solid silver the 1e7 silver streak has flakes

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1do is a solid silver the 1e7 silver streak has flakes
It's definitely metallic, but it doesn't have what I would consider 'flake'. It was sold to me as a 1DO, but it's just a shade lighter than the car in certain light. So, 95% it's 1DO.

Has all the fitment kit as well.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Pretty good deal for anyone that doesn't need it shipped. Lower the price by $61.00 and see what happens.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Just to play devil's advocate, how much would shipping charges be across country (west coast, just for comparison)? Always wanted to know a ballpark for in-country hard top shipping.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty good deal for anyone that doesn't need it shipped. Lower the price by $61.00 and see what happens.
Pay in cash and it's an ever $2g's. :D Checks work too, but I'll hold the top till it clears.

Just to play devil's advocate, how much would shipping charges be across country (west coast, just for comparison)? Always wanted to know a ballpark for in-country hard top shipping.
I'd need a zip, and I'd really prefer the buyer do the legwork. I'll crate it if necessary, but don't want to bother with quotes for tire kickers.

I will be in the SW corner of UT in the first two weeks of June, so I might meet someone in Vegas and deliver the top.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Good deal. I sold the top to Pablo some time back, 99+% percent certain it is 1D0 Silver - 1D0 on the composite surface often shows up slightly lighter than on the metal bodywork.
Honestly, though, in the past I've had 1D0 and 1E7 tops side-by-side and had to think long and hard about which was which in outdoor light.

I recommend freightquote.com... figure somewhere around 1 cubic meter (155 cm x 155 cm x 42 or thereabouts), crated weight... I dunno, under 100 lbs. Freight classification is either 200 or 250 (200 is cheaper....).

·
Registered
174 Posts
dang i live in ABQ but dont need a hard top :-(

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dang i live in ABQ but dont need a hard top :-(
Everybody needs a hardtop. Best modification for the car, hands down. Only problem is I have two. :p

If you want to sit in a car with a hardtop to see the increased visibility, let me know and you can come by and check it out. I'm between engine swaps on the cars or I'd let you drive one to see how nice it is. If you really like it in the car we could always throw it on your car and see how it drives with it.

MikeV, thanks for the heads up. I've used freightquote in the past for shipping engines and would be happy to crate the hardtop for whoever buys it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
92882 for a quote, please. Not tire kicking, just need to get the wife to okay it. I'm working on it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Everybody needs a hardtop. Best modification for the car, hands down. Only problem is I have two. :p

If you want to sit in a car with a hardtop to see the increased visibility, let me know and you can come by and check it out. I'm between engine swaps on the cars or I'd let you drive one to see how nice it is. If you really like it in the car we could always throw it on your car and see how it drives with it.

MikeV, thanks for the heads up. I've used freightquote in the past for shipping engines and would be happy to crate the hardtop for whoever buys it.
id like to just see your car just to see it if you dont mind.....but i have one coming to me with a hardtop already installed...thats why i say i dont need it.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
92882 for a quote, please. Not tire kicking, just need to get the wife to okay it. I'm working on it.
PM sent with shipping quote

id like to just see your car just to see it if you dont mind.....but i have one coming to me with a hardtop already installed...thats why i say i dont need it.
What part of town are you in? I'm by the Whole Foods on Indian School. My cars are all torn apart right now, I'm pulling the 2ZZ out of one Spyder to stick it in another. And unless someone really wants the roller, I'm thinking about making it electric. But I'm going to try to get the weight down to nothing if I do that.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Shipping really isn't too bad. Talking to my wife about it now. Pray, haha.

·
Registered
174 Posts
PM sent with shipping quote

What part of town are you in? I'm by the Whole Foods on Indian School. My cars are all torn apart right now, I'm pulling the 2ZZ out of one Spyder to stick it in another. And unless someone really wants the roller, I'm thinking about making it electric. But I'm going to try to get the weight down to nothing if I do that.
yeah id like to help you if you would like......i figure eventually ill need to learn how to pull the 2zz out of my car lol. i live right by unm off of girard and central. wait so you have two of these???

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
1E7 is just a little bit lighter than 1D0.

I would guess its an 1E7.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
how much was shipping?
In the ballpark of $200. A little less if he picks it up at a terminal and a bit more if they drop it at his house, both prices with me dropping it off at a terminal. Also boxed so that it can stand on end and have a smaller footprint.

·
Registered
782 Posts
edit- made a mistake

1 - 20 of 20 Posts