MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Toyota MR2
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first post from a long time lurker.
Purchased my dream car, a high mileage but clean, bone stock white 2005 manual about four years ago.
Now that I have gotten the rest of the car where I want it, I am very tempted to add a smidgen of power.

Basic specs:
JDM 2ZZ / C60 LSD swap (USDM Celica ECU)
Fidanza flywheel / ATI damper / Alternator decoupler
Kirkosaurus mount inserts
Full PPE intake/exhaust
Corky's mid-ship brace
Carbing front strut brace
KWv3 coilovers / Swift springs (4k/6k) / BC pillowball mounts
Jimbo's front brake kit / SS lines all around
Battle-Version control arms (All)
Rear 16x8 (225/45/16)
Front 15x7 (205/50/15)
Self wrapped exterior

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Gear shift Steering wheel

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Perfect car. You are the 3rd Spyder I know of (besides myself and Aaron) with the RzR shifter.

Would it be possible to take a top down picture of how you cut out the center console to fit the shifter cage?

Also, out of curiousity, which serial # was yours? Mine was #7.

·
Registered
2005 Toyota MR2
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Perfect car. You are the 3rd Spyder I know of (besides myself and Aaron) with the RzR shifter.

Would it be possible to take a top down picture of how you cut out the center console to fit the shifter cage?

Also, out of curiousity, which serial # was yours? Mine was #7.
Was a bit late to the party as I just kept waiting for the Ropey shifter, I have #28
I'm considering fiberglassing up a new center console, as this looks a bit janky

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gear shift Mode of transport Vehicle door

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
@Enzarch

Clever bit with the passenger window switch there. I'm glad to see that Ricardo sold at least that many shifters - now that others are actively trying to make their own versions of this shifter. Clean car all around.

·
Registered
Yellow 2002 Spyder
136 Posts
You consider this to be a 'simple' build? Haha... joking aside, this is a beautiful car!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sweet car!

What's the engine setup look like? A good tune with free flowing exhaust can give a nice little bump if coming off a stock 2zz setup. It's not going to be earth shattering but can wake it up.

·
Registered
2005 Toyota MR2
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sweet car!

What's the engine setup look like? A good tune with free flowing exhaust can give a nice little bump if coming off a stock 2zz setup. It's not going to be earth shattering but can wake it up.
Yeah I am already sitting on a EMU Black, just waiting on finer weather.
Just PPE intake and full exhaust and a light flywheel, so a tune could definitely do some good

·
Registered
25 Posts
That is one good looking car! I'm curious how it rides with the v3 and all the battle version control arms, was there a noticeable uptick in NVH? I'm planning to do 90% of what you've done and would love to know if you'd do anything differently

·
Registered
2005 Toyota MR2
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is one good looking car! I'm curious how it rides with the v3 and all the battle version control arms, was there a noticeable uptick in NVH? I'm planning to do 90% of what you've done and would love to know if you'd do anything differently
Surprisingly with zero rubber bits in the suspension now, none or very little increase to NVH in most scenarios, Of course potholes and very rough roads are more pronounced, but nothing that bothers me personally.
The motor mount inserts were far more detrimental to NVH, but the ATI damper reduced that quite a bit.

I dont think there is anything so far I would have done any differently, except maybe cleaned/painted while I had the engine out.
All this is probably wild overkill for a street car, however.

·
Registered
101 Posts
@Enzarch

Clever bit with the passenger window switch there. I'm glad to see that Ricardo sold at least that many shifters - now that others are actively trying to make their own versions of this shifter. Clean car all around.
I moved my window switches to where the clock was lol. The wires reach there. It's just a bit of cutting and bonding. And i deleted the center console

·
Registered
2002, Turbo, 2ZZGE
1,867 Posts
I moved my window switches to where the clock was lol. The wires reach there. It's just a bit of cutting and bonding. And i deleted the center console
PLEASE show us that! Both the dash and the deleted center. I am about to delete mine and do custom carpeting.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts