Discussion Starter #1
“Mister Two; Initiate Spyder Anti-Feline defense countermeasures."

120924102_10214833782077917_4413870329427268874_o.jpg

120909734_10214833782157919_8805621367920313748_o.jpg

Reactions: BGB-TOY

·
Registered
443 Posts
Get rid of the cats & straight pipe the garage!

....Ok...I’ll see myself out now

Reactions: Gunship Runabout

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The Spyder is always at odds with animals.

1. Street cats loves to sit on my hard top.
2. Dogs hate my car and will bark at it from a distance (they think it's another animal?)
3. Bees and random bugs follow my car around (b/c yellow?)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
So true, some friends had goats and when I turned around, there was one standing on the very top of my truck. Good thing I wasn’t driving the mr2.
Pack rats can do damage to the convertible top and chew on just about everything!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Goats??? What in the world....

The weirdest thing I've seen is my old exhaust filled with rat pellets. It was off the car sitting at silversprint's place (in the hills) for a while. Guess a rat decided to burrow and stash some food, only to wander off and die?

·
Registered
2001 MR2 Spyder
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's my answer to cats on the spyder.......
Love it! Channeling that inner mad max!

You are definitely on to something; I eventually added the vertical slats after some trial and error. Otherwise my thick corrugation flat plating ended up being the coolest spot in town. Making another high spot seemed to help. (That and a super soaker at gunslinger's reach! )

·
Registered
2001 MR2 Spyder
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
2001 MR2 Spyder
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2001 MR2 Spyder
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
have pretty simple solution, cats hate citrus, (lemon, orange etc) place orange peels on car, in garage, they will never come near.
I dig the All Natural chemical warfare! I may have to try that!

·
Registered
169 Posts
They come with with wife. I don't like cats, she doesn't like spyders.
NOT EVEN AN ARGUMENT---- I am on your wife's side 100%.

Also, not sure how effective it would be in the open though. How I know this works, is ex-wife's family used to breed cats, and if cat tried to create bathroom say on the couch (once they pee somewhere, they tend to keep using that spot), you put orange peel there--- cat stays the f away. Hopefully it works on car, but at the same time, dont put it directly on paint, as it might stain.

·
Registered
22 Posts
They don't like chives. My cat loves to walk on my car right after I wash it. I'm in the country, and she (her name is Velcro) earns her keep. She kills and eats squirrels. My paint is not perfect. I can deal with paw prints.
IMG_20170516_182400733.jpg

·
Registered
2001 MR2 Spyder
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They don't like chives. My cat loves to walk on my car right after I wash it. I'm in the country, and she (her name is Velcro) earns her keep. She kills and eats squirrels. My paint is not perfect. I can deal with paw prints.
Good Kitty! I see her enjoying some heat off the engine bay. I enjoy those too in my rear view mirror! (new to me).

I wouldn't be so paranoid if it wasn't the soft top and basically brand new...

Hard top plans are definitely in the future... Even another benefit to get one!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts