MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
hello i fitted thw 350z projector hadlights and they look grea i will post pic ssoon..
Hey Avinash, how've you been?

I'd also love to see the pics. Right now I have the headlights off my spyder while it's being prepped for paint, and I can't help but think how easy it would have been for Toyota to fit sleeker headlights.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well you could start looking at wreckers. Lots of people are able to retrofit other make or model headlights to a car, some requiring more work than others. The trick would be to find one thats a close fit for minimal work. For example using the mitsubishi FTO headlights on the MK2 mr2 to convert from pop up headlights to normal ones.

Alternatively you could perhaps make a custom headlight by using the standard housing, minus the front glass and install a sealed/semi-sealed beam ( i have always wondered what this would look like after seeing cars with the rear housing colour matched to the car )

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Well, someone with mad mold-making skills could probably produce a streamlined front poly piece for the '03+ headlights. Takes more skills and patience than I have, though.
I was thinking of doing something like that, but I couldn't think of anything that would look good with that huge cutout in the fender that wouldn't look weird.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
I was thinking of doing something like that, but I couldn't think of anything that would look good with that huge cutout in the fender that wouldn't look weird.
I think it would have a Can-Am kind of look to it, if that makes any sense.

Experience tells me if I tried this, it would come out looking amateurish.

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,873 Posts
I think it would have a Can-Am kind of look to it, if that makes any sense.

Experience tells me if I tried this, it would come out looking amateurish.
Yes something with a more rakish angle so the top of the cover flowed into the fender instead of protruding out 2 1/2 inches or so at the top.

I guess if it was easy a couple thousand people would have done it in the last 12 years. The only guy that I can think of that might be able to pull it off would be Luxurypart and even he has not done it for a stock type headlight housing.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
With some sort of flashing plate something retro like a cosmo sport might work, but trying to go face forward like the trend in car headlights are now probebly won't be that easy to do without a piece to blend into the fender.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.