MR2 SpyderChat banner

Small LED dash light left of steering column/right of mirror control 2000 Spyder?

555 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  lzaffuto 
#1 ·
Just purchased a 2000 Spyder recently without owners manual and having a problem with battery dieing and LED light staying on sometimes. just to the left of steering column there is a small LED red light that turns on when I shut the engine off, but the light doesn't always turn off. Does anyone know what this light indicates? I just replaced the battery but the problem continues. Thanks

#3 ·
The Spyder I bought has one of these. It looks just like the red engine immobilizer light in the center of the dash but it is on the left of the steering wheel next to the mirror adjustments. It flashes in a different pattern than the engine immobilizer light does so the car puts on quite a lightshow at night. I figured out that it was for a plugin box that was hidden under the radio stack of the dash that *I think* immobilizes the car with a remote control (I also have the remote control). It didn't work or do anything that I could see for whatever reason so I took it out, but the light still flashes. Look for either a box or a white plug under or behind your radio stack that has 4 pins.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.