MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

Recently i'm helping a friend to tune his 1ZZ SMT Spyder, he has bought the PFC for 1ZZ with the blashboy harness. After plugging everythings on, the car started smoothly. But after several minutes the idle started to jump around..from 600-1000rpm..Switched the AC on, idle goes fine..

Tested and tunned on the road, everythings is fine, except the idle. Once the car decelarate to a dead stop the car tends and sometimes stalled.. The only way to keep it running is just switching the AC on..But even with the AC on, the Rev is still not matching the ideal rev which i have set at the setting 1 of FC edit...No matter what ideal rev i have set there, the engine wont follow.

I have cleanned the maf and ....no IAC with the SMT...not useful...Checked the Vacumn..no leak..

Today, we played around with the TPS, the idle rev increased(Above 1100rpm) according to what the position we have set. and do the setting 1 of FC edit. The engine follow, and the idle is not shaking any more..Set the AE idle at 1100, actually rev 1200...However, after 60km run, the scenerio happen again, the rev goes back to 700-900 and jumping around. The engine stall as well when the car stop without the AC on.

I guess thats the original ECU or TCU are learning the driving behavior and made the correction..I saw 0.83v at the tps voltage without touching the throttle. and 3.99v at WOT...

So anyone know how to increase the idle rev on a SMT spyder? Lets assume thats without the PFC...Please help! Engine stall when the car is stopping is very dangerous...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
It’s surprising to hear you describe some of the same issues I had with my SMT. But I was running an Emanage Ultimate piggy back.

I hated that thing with the engine dying when you come to a stop at a street light. I had the same issue and thats what finally pushed me to swap to manual.

Does the Blashboy PFC wire in as piggy back?

·
Registered
643 Posts
why would you even do a PFC on a 1ZZ SMT spyder when it's already slow to begin with... ??? unless the PFC was free and you're building towards a turbo in the future does the PFC make more sense

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why would you even do a PFC on a 1ZZ SMT spyder when it's already slow to begin with... ??? unless the PFC was free and you're building towards a turbo in the future does the PFC make more sense
Ar....it's now with the following...

Mwr stage 2 cams
Mwr lighten crank
82mm Wiseco pistons and sleeves
Mwr valve and springs

And a Rotrex C15 not yet installed....So..that's why we need the pfc..it should be close to a stock 2zz spider for now....

·
Banned
189 Posts
understand where your coming from, but everyone have their own options. the 1zz are slow whether its a mt or a smt anyway!!!! and there's nothing wrong in modding a smt

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
If you are playing with modding a SMT, then you NEED to have this software..

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/104913772.html

Good luck on the Mods.. It's been done before ( Piggy of a PFC on a SMT ).. and the Software I linked you to was needed to make it shift smoother..

Cap

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have one of the brashboy pfc modified for smt for sale if anybody is interested. message me

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you are playing with modding a SMT, then you NEED to have this software..

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/104913772.html

Good luck on the Mods.. It's been done before ( Piggy of a PFC on a SMT ).. and the Software I linked you to was needed to make it shift smoother..

Cap
seems after installed the pfc the obd2 is disabled.. how can the software work with the shifting....?

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
The BrashBoy harness lets the factory ECM control idle, CAN, and a few other pins (I haven't gone through it in detail yet, but I can guess at the rest). You don't have any control over the idle (plate) from the PFC. The stock ECM continues to speak via the CANbus to the TCM, so it shifts, blips the throttle, etc. (I guess there is no etc?).

I've never noticed... is there a throttle plate stop screw on the SMT TB? If so, I'd use it to set the idle floor. That will at least keep you from stalling. Then, I'd guess you have to be very careful how you tune the cells in the idle region..... the PFC is controlling the fuel and spark, but the stock ECU is controlling throttle position.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not supposed to be.... the harness sends B5 (TE1) and A11 (SIL) to/from the stock ECM.
Ok, Here is the question again..

If i install a Bluetooth OBD II Scanner at the OBDII Plug, do u think it can scan the data and send the signals to those Android phone or PC with the right software Like TORQUE for android??

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Ok, Here is the question again..

If i install a Bluetooth OBD II Scanner at the OBDII Plug, do u think it can scan the data and send the signals to those Android phone or PC with the right software Like TORQUE for android??
You should be able to... certainly worth a try.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My friend's C15 finally installed to the car with 440cc injectors. the stalling issue is still here but i guess i found the way to overcome it.

now i have another issue after the SC and Larger injectors. the AFR when lifting off the throttle normally goes to 22.XX. However now when lifting off the throttle the afr goes down to 9.xx or even 8.xx. The smell of gasoline makes me felt faint during the tune. No black smoke nothing. i checked the VTA voltage it shows 0.75 when fully lift off and even idle. what do you all think with this? TPS angle problem?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts