MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving over a couple of humps in gear 1-2 when the gears suddenly Disengaged itself (in S mode but throttle dosent move the car at all, just like in neutral mode).

Tried restarting after awhile and it still dosent work. The pump is working when i open the doors and ive check the HPU rsvr and its not depleted ( around the half region).

Any of you guys faced this before? Any feedback on the most probable cause of the defect would be very much appreciated. Apologise for my lousy description.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I'm thinking it's something to do with the Selector hand or Push button Shifter..

Is the 'Gear' light on?..

Cap

·
Registered
142 Posts
Maybe I can help

sounds like my Spyder, I have learned and ran out of money and have just learned is issues, foot on the gas and not to let it get at low rpms when in the gears its comes out of .... mine are 2nd,forth and reverse....reverse is fun when backing up out of a parking slot I just punch it and pray no one is in my way. Nick

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
sounds like my Spyder, I have learned and ran out of money and have just learned is issues, foot on the gas and not to let it get at low rpms when in the gears its comes out of .... mine are 2nd,forth and reverse....reverse is fun when backing up out of a parking slot I just punch it and pray no one is in my way. Nick

Sounds like you need a friction point relearn.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.